November 9, 2007
Search Engine Optimization service encompasses everything from consultation, keyword research, copy writing, redeveloping the Website, creating incoming links, submitting to search engines and finally, reporting on its results.
You can’t just put your website on the net with right keywords and all the right touches and expect your traffic and ranking will remain constant. As the web is an ever changing landscape, you have to keep track of your own web results like what is happening with the competition and also the best and highest ranked sites. The following are 25 online safest techniques, suggestions and tips to avoid losing potential visitors:
- Set a goal. Figure out how fast you can do it, then create a plan to increase and improve your Page Ranking. Start your own Marketing Linking Campaign;
- Update the pages on your website frequently. Use your time collecting valuable information on your site, and then tell everyone you can! Offer a web site full of interesting details that similar sites’ readers can’t live without. The best way to gain readership is by offering a valuable resource! You can even put a date counter on the page to show when it was last updated
- Think carefully about key terms that your users will search on, and use those terms to construct your page.
- Offer additional value on your website. For affiliates and partners you can place links to their sites and products and ask them to do the same for you. You can also advertise their books or videos, if these products relate to your industry and are not in competition with your own product.
- Write relevant articles and publish them for free. Make sure to include a Bio Box that includes a link to your site. Stipulate that the article may be reprinted for free as long as the Bio Box is included. This will instantaneously provide extra links to your page when people reprint your work.
- Choose your reciprocal links wisely. Connect only to websites that contain related information that readers will enjoy.
- Email other webmasters and simply ask for a link and provide a pre-coded HTML link for them to cut and paste to their page.
- Place a link on your site to invite customers to ‘opt in’ to get a monthly newsletter or valuable coupons. Use a “description” meta-tag and write your description carefully.
- Add a link to your primary page with a script ‘Book Mark or Add this site to your Favorites’.
- Add a link ‘Recommend this site to a Friend’ so that the visitor can email your website link
- Use a distinct list of keywords for each page on your site instead of using one broad set of keywords on every page.
- Keep relevant text and links in HTML. Placing them in graphics or image maps means search engines can’t search for the text and the crawler can’t follow links to your site’s other pages. An HTML site map, with a link from your welcome page, can help make sure all your pages are crawled.
- Avoid stuffing pages with irrelevant words and content. Also don’t create multiple pages, subdomains, or domains with significantly duplicate content.
- Use ALT text for graphics.
- Avoid “doorway” pages created just for search engines or other “cookie cutter” approaches such as affiliate programs with hardly any original content.
- The robots.txt file on your web server should be current and should not block the Googlebot crawler. This file tells crawlers which directories can or cannot be crawled.
- If you want to improve your Page Ranking try to do not link to sites that are irrelevant to yours and avoid sites that have a “Links Page” that is hard to find.
- Building links is another way to improve how high you rank on a search engine index. Links consist of your hyperlink of your web site that is posted onto another web site. The more links of your web site that can be found throughout the internet on other sites, usually the higher you will rank in the search engines.
- Use consistent colors, logos and slogans and always provide a ‘Contact Us’ link on each page.
- Create a FAQ page which addresses most of the doubts and clarifications about your product or your company that are likely to be asked. This helps to resolve most of the customers doubts in their first visit to your site.
- Ensure that each page on your website has appropriate titles and keywords Offer a web site full of interesting details that similar sites’ readers can’t live without. The best way to gain readership is by offering a valuable resource!
- Try to please dissatisfied customers as much as possible.
- Never spam a client, who has opted for newsletters, with unsolicited emails.
- A site map is required to help the users go around your site and in case the site map has more than 100 links, then it is advisable to break it into several pages to avoid clutter
Since search engine marketing is an on-going process, your positions must be constantly monitored. The fastest and most powerful way to make your website known is to submit it to as many relevant web directories as you can. Directory submission is the BEST way to gain targeted traffic to your site. If you want your search engine optimization company to do this for you, request a sample of a monthly report. It is essential that this report should show rankings for the most popular search engines.
Concentrate of giving the search engines what they really want – great content, well-organized, well-published and linked to other relevant material. Concentrate on that and you will be rewarded.
Author: Anne-Marie RONSEN is the author of many wealth and self development books for women. Download FREE e-books and software from http://www.e-bestsellers.com , http://www.PLRbestsellers.com or http://www.UniversalPublishingltd.com… You will learn about the best tips and recommendations to improve your health, weight and wealth. You’ll also discover how you can get a top position that will mean loads of traffic, recognition and sales