February 26, 2008
If you are looking to buy expired domain name, you may find it very relevant and productive to carry out a thorough research to know more details about the expired domain that you are intending to buy. When you buy expired domain name, you are involving a third party and an administrator (usually the registrar) in the process of transaction. Thus, you will need to be very careful in how you are carrying out the process of buying the expired domain. There are a number of factors that you must evaluate, consider and examine, before arriving at a decision to buy the expired domain name. Expert and professional people buy expired domain name after spending enough time to evaluate the possible advantages and benefits that come attached with the domain.
Before proceeding to buy expired domain name, you will need to consider the following factors and parameters:
- Is the domain name precious for you? Is it very important to buy expired domain name in spite of perceived demerits?
- What is you budgetary allocation for the purchase of a particular expired domain?
- How quickly or how soon you want to complete the transaction?
Example: Let us say that you are in the business of selling flowers to your consumers. Now that you have enough experience of running this business and with your own personal experience, the likelihood of finding a simple, but powerful domain name is quite difficult. Thus, you want to keep aside a portion of your budgetary allocation towards buying a good domain name.
Now, you will start searching for a good expired domain name and later you will create an extensive checklist of most probable names. Let us say that you will end up in creating a shortlist of names like:
Now that you have the names at your disposal, it is the time for choosing the best name for your business and buy expired domain name of your choice. To perform this delicate task, you will now need to examine and inspect the exact use for which you are seeking the name for. Now, you can check each of the above names by entering the URL’s on the address bar of the browser and examine if any of them has an association with similar sites.
Once you make a survey, you can observe the following issues with your probable expired domain names and later buy expired domain name.
- The search findings are related to your domain names and there is actually a thriving business with some of the web sites found on the search engine. In such a case, you may find it very difficult to find a suitable expired domain name.?
- The search findings relate to your probable domain names and there is a thriving business related to some of them, but these web domains do not use a primary URL. Under such a scenario, though it is quite difficult to buy an expire domain, you can still find one that is good for your business. ?
- The search findings relate to your prospective domain name, but the searched material contains old and out dated materials. Some of the searched domains may display broken links, wrong pictures and other sundry notices. Here, your chances of finding a good expired domain name will become brighter and easier.?
- The searched domain names relate to your list, but most of the searched domains link to one or more affiliate programs. Under such a scenario, you may find sourcing an expired domain name little easier.
- The searched list will always point to “Domain for Sale” page: Though this scenario offers plenty of opportunities, it could still be the biggest challenge in front of you. You can buy expired domain name that is most suitable for your business.
However, ensure that you will never buy expired domain name that imitates or mimics a popular web portal; when you buy these kinds of expired domains, you may land in deep legal and copyright trouble.
Author: John Khu is an author and also a seasoned professional with vast experience in expired domain name business. He is the owner of the path breaking web site called http://www.expireddomainsecret.com which provides complete and up-to-date information on expired domains and their eternal secrets.