March 19, 2008
If you are new to internet marketing then you may not realize that one of the keys to online marketing success has to do with building a well targeted and responsive email list. Success will come allot faster when you take the time to build relationships with a large list of subscribers, but you must know something that your potential customers don’t and then they must want to learn it from you.
It took many years for me to figure out that I can succeed much faster if I take the time to help my subscribers succeed.
Below are a few things you can do to get people to subscribe to your newsletter and build your own profitable email opt in list.
- Trade solo or classified ads with other publishers. Before doing so make sure their subscribers are interested in what your newsletter offers. The other newsletter should offer content that your subscribers may be looking for. This will not only help you gain more subscribers but the other publisher to.
- Publish your own articles. This will give you an advantage over other publishers by not only providing your newsletter with more subscribers but by also improving your search engine placement. How? Through the resource box at the end of your articles. Your resource box should contain a link to your newsletters subscription page and it should also include your major keywords. Submit your articles to article directories, announcement lists and to other publishers that need articles for their newsletters.
- Offer a free bonus to your subscribers. You can create an e-book of all your articles or offer free software. The better the bonus you give the more subscribers you will have.
- Visit message boards and forums and begin posting on them. Only post on forums that are related to the topic of your ezine. Once you establish your credibility people will visit your website and subscribe to your newsletter. Most forums permit you to ad a signature file when you post. This is a great way to get traffic to your website, so make sure you have a good sig file.
- Submit your newsletter to directories. This will not only help you get more subscribers for your newsletter but will also help you find other publishers who may be interested in joint venturing with you. Just go to Google, type in “Ezine Directory” and start submitting.
- Post an ad for your newsletter on ezine announcement lists. This will give you an easy way to promote your newsletter continuously.
- Provide a sample issue of your newsletter. This will increase your subscriptions by providing people with an example of what you are offering.
- Use your sig file in your outgoing emails to help promote your newsletter. Just about all email programs allow you to add a signature file at the end of every email you send. If not, then get another email program.
- Run an ad in other ezines. Target your audience and only advertise with ezines that offer good advertising rates. By placing your ads in at least three consecutive issues you will get the most for your money. Repetition is the best way to attract new subscribers. You can also place free ads in other newsletters if you are a subscriber to their publications. Track your ads so that you can then pay for advertising using only ads that you know work.
- Place a subscription box for your newsletter on every page of your website. That way any visitor will be able to subscribe no matter where they come from.
These are just a few ideas that you can use to help get you started. Don’t forget to have good content in your newsletter and always place your link wherever possible.
The main reason for building an email list is to constantly stay in close contact with your targeted prospects and eventually turn them into customers.
This is how successful internet marketers do it, and how you can to.
So, are you building your email list? If yes, way to go! If not, why not?
Joe Rispoli has been gathering free advertising resources online for over 10 years. You can also subscribe to his Free Advertising Resources Ezine which includes Free Email Marketing Software with subscription.