April 30, 2008
There are literally thousands of internet forums. They are a wonderful place to advertise your business. Best of all, online forums bring free advertising to your business; what is better than free advertising?
Online forums are simply a way to exchange ideas and offer information to others.
There are two main reasons to participate in forums:
1) To answer other people’s questions/comments
2) To post your own original questions/comments.
One of your goals is to promote your expertise in your particular industry. Remember, people are attracted to leaders and if you come to the forums with a leadership mentality ‘ people will begin to seek out your advice and counsel.
How to Participate in a Forum
Simply click on a link at the bottom of this page to log into an online forum.
– Create your free account (including username and password; keep the same username, password and signature for all the forums that you belong to)
– Create your signature file (an ad placed at the end of each of your forum posts). This signature file is of the upmost importance! It advertises your business to everyone that is in these forums. The more posts that you make on online forums, the more people will potentially be exposed to your website (through your signature file).
Here are 10 sample signature files that you can use for your home-based business:
Finally….an Honest AND Lucrative Home-Based Business Are You Ready to Make $5,000 a Week?
Dreams CAN Come True! Take Part in a 7-Trillion Dollar Industry! Don’t Let Another Day Pass You By… You Deserve Prosperity! It’s Time to Change Your Life! EVERYONE Loves to Travel. Tired of Living Paycheck to Paycheck? It’s Time to Plug Into Success!
You then “hide” your URL inside of the signature file. This can be done by clicking on the button that says “link” and then typing your URL inside of this pop-up box.
Remember, some people will help you out a great deal; others will be negative and difficult. Don’t let the negative people depress you. Keep your focus always positive! Don’t get into fights or “yell” at people online. You want your posts to always remain positive and helpful, no matter what!
RULES FOR FORUM POSTING:
– You can post in any forum that is interesting to you. Although the “Main Discussion” areas will have the most activity, experiment and get to know the people in the different online communities. You will find that they offer an enormous amount of support and free tips. They will, in essence, become your friends as you travel through your online adventures!
– Make sure that when you respond to posts you never blatantly advertise your business. BLATANT ADVERTISING IS HEAVILY FROWNED UPON! Instead, offer comments, suggestions, and questions. Remember, your advertising is in your sig file.
– In addition, your posts should always add fresh insight to the discussion. – If you decide to begin a new post, take the time to look back over the previous original posts to make sure that no one has posted on that topic before. If there is a similar post, join that discussion instead.
HOW TO POST YOUR REPLY:
– Click on the Title of the discussion that you would like to contribute to
– Click on “Reply to Topic”
– Type you reply in the new page
– Click “Preview” to look-over your post
– Click “New Reply”
Your job in forums is to establish new relationships with people. Once people begin to see you as a leader and an expert, they will be much more open to hearing about your business!
Jessica Swanson is an extremely successful entrepreneur, marketer and life coach who has achieved a high six-figure income. She has mentored hundreds of others to achieve the same results. You can visit her at http://www.unlimitedprosperityteam.com