December 9, 2008
Real Beginners starting out on their Internet Marketing career are overwhelmed with information on various marketing techniques, and their brains will be buzzing and overloaded with different ideas.
One of the marketing techniques that has become increasingly popular is Article Marketing, and it is, without a doubt, one of the best FREE ways to bring your product or website to the attention of the search engines, and to make sure you receive quality TARGETED traffic. You can be sure that anyone making big money on the Internet will most certainly be using Article Marketing as a major part of any marketing campaign. By regularly writing and submitting articles to the article directories, they are ensuring that their content is reproduced throughout the Internet world, and they can maintain a high profile in their chosen niche market.
The basic idea is simple. You write a good keyword rich article that provides useful information for your reader, submit it to the article directories, repeat, repeat and repeat! This is the way to keep a steady flow of traffic to your website. There is no doubt it can be time consuming and takes a bit of effort, but the results have been proven to be worthwhile. Before you get started there are a few points to consider.
- You will already have a good knowledge of your own particular niche, so share that knowledge with your reader by writing good, informative content for your article. The ideal article is informative AND entertaining.
- Decide on your article title. Remember that when publishers search the article directories for content, they will pick on articles with the right keywords for their requirements.
- Choose your keywords carefully. This may sound obvious, but make sure keywords are related to your site. There are many services on the internet that provide tools for researching keywords and keyword phrases. Beginners in particular should always make good use of these facilities.
- Find your OWN voice, and “speak” to your target audience. Don’t try to copy someone else’s style of writing. Decide exactly who you are writing for, and keep them I mind as you form the structure of your article.
- Keep your article short and to the point, without long sentences or complex language. Most people have a short attention span, so you must grab your readers, and make sure they can quickly absorb what you are telling them.
- Decide what sort of article you are going to write. Long essay style articles are completely unnecessary. “Hints” and “Tips” articles are always popular, and are a good place for the newbie writer to start.
- Proof- read your article carefully. You may have great expertise in your chosen subject, but will quickly lose credibility if there are basic grammatical errors in any part of your article. A good proof-reading tip that I know is used by experienced authors, is to read your work out loud. This will give you a whole new perspective and pick up areas which can be improved.
Before you start, read through a number of articles in the article directories to get a “feel” about different styles of writing and content. See what other people in you niche are writing about. When you find yourself thinking “I can do better than that”, that is the time to venture into Article Marketing!
Ron Woodham retired at 65 and set up his own Internet Business. He spent 9 months teaching himself how to create and build websites from scratch, and now shares his knowledge through his Building Blocks for Beginners. Visit his website http://www.newbieplace.co.uk for the full story.