December 12, 2008
In case you haven’t heard about Squidoo, this is a website which will allow anyone to set up free web pages and write about their interests, passions and hobbies and each webpage is called a “lens”.
These Squidoo lenses can be used to point to content elsewhere on the internet where the information is more detailed. Linking and recommending is encouraged actively by Squidoo, as they see themselves as an enormous network directory. It has the feel of a dynamic internet community.
Creating lenses is simple and they can be made in as little as ten minutes. Prior technical knowledge is not necessary so anyone, even people with no knowledge of how to build a website can make a lens in no time at all.
In order to “Create a Lens” you just need to click on the button which will direct you to the “Lens Wizard”. It will take you about five minutes to build a basic site.
In fact it would really be a good idea to build a basic site initially and then to keep adding fresh content at regular intervals to it. Squidoo rewards lenses which are frequently updated. This will result in more exposure on Squidoo and also in the search engines.
Squidoo is an excellent quick and simple method of getting your message out on the internet. You can also add Youtube videos, Amazon Books, eBay auctions, surveys, blogs, articles and RSS feeds including a whole lot more to your lens.
Squidoo is also a good tool for your internet based home business and offers several benefits that are free of charge for internet marketers. Below are some of them.
- You are permitted to promote your own website or blog. It is popular with the search engines, and this helps to improve your website ranking. It is easily done by making a series of lenses and pointing each one to a page on your website.
- Squidoo is popular with the search engines, so the more lenses you make and point to your web pages, the higher your website will rise in the rankings, especially if you optimize your lenses for your keywords.
- Squidoo has a very permissive attitude towards internet marketing, so you are able to link your lenses directly to whatever affiliate marketing programs you have.
- You will be able to post items from sites such as eBay and Amazon on your lenses and every time anyone buys something via your links you will earn royalties.
- Visitors can post comments and links on your lens and also give your lens a rating of between 1 and five stars. You will also be able to post your comments on other people’s lenses and will get links back to your lens. The wider you spread your net the more traffic you will generate. People will visit to check out your lens and post comments or rate it.
- Another useful interactive feature is the option of setting up a poll to survey your visitors. This can be done with just a few easy steps. Again no technical knowledge is necessary and you can learn a lot about your niche market.
- Squidoo shares its profits with its lens masters so you can also make some money by simply making lenses and promoting them. Also you will need to keep them up to date with regular fresh content.
Last but not least Squidoo is a lot of fun to play around with and hang out on. As a free, simple and entertaining method to get extra exposure for your internet based home business and to make extra money, it is hard to beat.
Michelle Jayes lives in Johannesburg South Africa and runs her internet based home business http://www.Online-Income-Business.com from the comfort of her home. You can find more articles on internet marketing and online income opportunities by visiting www.Online-Income-Business.com/blog .