June 3, 2009
To many online marketers, getting a #1 listing on Google for your target keyword phrases is “heaven.” It does lead to many times more traffic than being even #2 or #3. If you’re not on the first page of Google, you may as well forget getting any significant traffic in many niches. At least you should plan on generating your traffic via other channels since few searchers look past the first page of search engine results.
Google the terms “joint venture expert” or “land for $100″ and you’ll see that I rank #1 for both terms and have for a VERY long time.
Yes, people do search on those terms, regardless of what you might think, and they both generate substantial incomes for me, but they are not my most profitable keywords. They are just keywords that I will use to prove to you that I have a clue about how to get top Google listings. You really shouldn’t listen to “experts” who can’t back up with they teach with proof.
Next, I invite you to try to reverse engineer what I did. Actually, I’ll share much of my secret process with you. Not all of what I do is very obvious.
Here are the things that I do:
1) I target specific, long-tail, buying keywords. It’s easier to rank for 3-5 word phrases, and people entering those phrases into the search engines are looking for something very specific. This is the traffic that you want to attract.
2) I use article marketing extensively to generate massive backlinks. All things being equal, the one with the most backlinks from relevant quality sites WINS.
3) I use video marketing, submitting to top video sharing sites using titles and descriptions optimized for my keywords.
4) I use pod casting, submitting my audios to numerous podcast directories, as well as offering them from numerous websites. People who hear your audio message, and click through to your site, arrive pre-sold on your and ready to follow your recommendations.
My pod cast submissions are also keyword optimized!
5) I use my keywords in anchor text on my blogs, and in article directories where allowed.
6) I generate a LOT of content, and repurpose that content regularly. I publicize that content on social networking sites, on other resource sites that allow me to publicize my content, and even in press releases.
For example, I post announcements of my updated content often to IMNewsWatch.com, TeleseminarNation.com and leading industry forums.
7) I use automation. If I had to hand submit all of my content I would only be able to distribute 1/10th as much. All things being equal, he who submits the most quality content wins.
8) I adhere to the rules and terms of service at the article, video, podcasts, and press release sharing sites. It does no good to get great rankings, only to be banned a few weeks or months later (having all of your content removed, and your work go to waste). I use 100% whitehat tactics.
9) I generate quality content. I does no good to throw garbage at the search engines. You’ll only attract non-responsive traffic (wasting bandwidth and giving you useless website traffic conversion statistics), and you’ll also eventually experience backlash. Write primarily for humans, but keeping good SEO in mind. The simplest way to do that is to use your primary keywords in your titles and descriptions, when creating and uploading content. Also be sure to use your primary keywords throughout your content.
10) I create external links to some of my content posted on sites OTHER THAN my primary sites. Linking to content that then links to your primary sites increases the relevance of external links from that content pointing to your primary sites. That helps the content on your primary sites rank higher longer. SEO experts call that “adding link juice!” If you don’t do this, you’ll often rank high for given keywords only for a few days, and then quickly drop in ranking. Adding “link juice” helps the ranking “stick.”
There you have it – how I get and maintain #1 Google rankings for tons of keywords that my buying customers search on regularly at Google. Model what I do, and you’ll get similar results.
Willie Crawford has been teaching people to build a legitimate online business since 1996. He is one of the world’s leading website traffic generation experts. His favorite tool is an automated article, video, podcast and press release submission service that you can use too at: http://EasyPushButtonTraffic.com Visit them now.