July 20, 2009
A motto that is often heard in the online world is that “content is king.” If asked what they would do with an extra million dollars, many SEOs may answer that they would invest that money in developing new content. Link building is incredibly important to SEO but some SEOs believe that if you provide great content, the links will come naturally.
The truth is that it can be difficult to get people to link to your content that easily, no matter how great your content may be. Google indexes more than a trillion pages of content so the chances that people will link to your content are slim.
In SEO, not only is it essential to create great content, you must be great at getting that content linked to. You’d have to be pretty lucky to expect to put content out there and attract a bunch of links without any effort on your part. You have to create content with the latest topic trends in mind. This is not to say that the priority of creating great content should take the backseat to your traffic and link-building efforts. You simply need to approach content creation holistically to ensure that your content gets seen and gets a sufficient amount of links. Here are 5 steps you can follow when creating and distributing content to ensure that it increases traffic to your website, your search engine ranking, and brand awareness.
- Use Google Trends to find keywords in your niche that have been receiving a lot of attention lately. Target these trendy keywords aggressively in your content to attract more traffic NOW. Keyword trends are usually based on seasonality or other special events.
- Once you have chosen keywords to target, you should use the Google Adwords keyword tool to find related keywords to write about. By targeting several related keywords in your content, you can increase traffic to your website.
- Use Twitter to search for all of the keywords you are planning to target in your content. This will help you get ideas on what you can write about with the keywords you are targeting.
- Create content based on the keywords you found and the ideas you got from searching on Twitter. You can also browse popular content on social voting sites like Digg and StumbleUpon to get ideas on how to write your article titles and the body of your articles to make them enticing.
5. Once you get your articles written, you need a distribution plan. Set goals for each piece of content you have created. For example, you may want to syndicate your articles to receive highly relevant backlinks and increase targeted traffic to your site. You may also want to add the content to your website to improve user experience. Market your content to bloggers and customers via social networking sites to increase traffic via word-of-mouth.
Follow these simple steps in order to create great content and leverage it. As an added benefit, you will be able to increase awareness of your brand and improve your search engine ranking through the creation and distribution of great content.
SEO Sapien is a SEO Company. We offer affordable and guaranteed search engine optimization services. You can visit our site at http://www.seosapien.com for more information and SEO Prices.