April 30, 2010
One of the most common questions asked by internet business owners is “How can I increase sales?” Many articles, ebooks and reports have been written on this subject and trying to absorb that information just tends to make us more confused than ever! Below are some easy, innovative ideas to increase sales that anybody can implement into their online marketing strategies.
- Offer “Freebies” on your site for your visitors. Free reports, ebooks, services, support, ezine, etc. can be great ways to increase your customer’s trust in you, thus bringing you more sales. Another way to offer something free it to offer a free bonus with every order.
- Add a community message board to your website. Encourage your visitors to be a part of this community. This will also help increase trust and sales. Offer help, advice, support etc. via your community.
- Use “bundling” to enable your customers to save money by ordering more! This marketing tactic has done wonders for many businesses and it can for you as well. I offer ebook bundles or kits and they have increased my sales immensely. For example: I sell ebooks for one dollar each but by bundling 35 together for just $15.00, I not only help my customers, I help my business increase sales as well. Make up a separate sales page for your “bundles” and offer a variety of bundle specials as well. Remember, helping your customers, helps you as well.
- Participate in autoresponder ad swaps. If you send out autoresponder messages fine other online businesses who do the same and contact them with an offer of an ad swap. You will place their ad on your messages, if they do the same for you. This can be a great way to get more exposure for your business. Find businesses that complement yours. For example: if you sell jewelry find business owners who sell clothing as this would help your business not compete with it.
- Post a tip board on your site. Change the tips daily or weekly to keep people coming back for more. Make sure the tips are helpful and contain useful information and/or resources.
- Follow-up with customers and potential customers to make sure their experience was satisfying or to offer your help and assistance when needed. When a person emails me with questions about selling ebooks, I answer promptly and then in a few days I send a follow-up. I ask them if they have received my reply and if there is anything else I can do for them. This simple task takes about two minutes, yet brings in a lot of sales. It shows the customer you care about providing a good experience for them and are willing to help them if they need it.
- Create a survey for your site and encourage your visitors to participate. Give them something in return such as a free gift or discount on their first order. Surveys can help you determine if something needs to be changed on your site or in the way you conduct your marketing. This information could be invaluable to your business! Do a search for “create free survey forms” and you should find lots of services that will help you do this.
- Keep your website fresh and update it regularly. If you never add anything new people will stop coming. Add new articles, new sales, new contests, new freebies, new information, etc.
- Always tell your customers thank you and let them know they are appreciated. Never treat them as if they are a bother or a waste of time. Even if a potential customer does not buy from you, they might tell someone about their experience and that person could come and order from you. Unfortunately, these days, many businesses forget that it is the customers that keep them alive!
- Write a report or ebook and offer it to people and let them know they can give it to their visitors and subscribers. Webmasters are always looking for good resources to offer their visitors, why not make it yours. Think of the possibilities – you give it to 5 people, they each give it to 5 more people and so on and so on. The free exposure you get is limitless!
There are limitless ways to build your business online and increase sales. Many are free so don’t be afraid to try new things and contact other business owners for joint ventures, ad swaps, etc. This article is just the tip of the iceberg, so to speak, so start today and get more sales for you and your business!
Terri Seymour (also known as “The eBook Lady”) has over ten years online experience and has helped many people start their own business. Visit her site at http://www.seymourproducts.com for resources, $1 resell ebooks & software, free tutorials, affiliate programs, free ezine and free business ebook with Master Resell Rights. http://www.seymourproducts.com/free.shtml