January 17, 2011
Internet or online fax is simply using your email system and your web connection to send and receive all your faxes. Of course, you do also need an online fax provider who will act as an intermediary on your behalf for a small monthly charge. Your messages are sent as email attachments, usually in .tiff or .PDF format, but there are many other formats one can use.
Online faxing has become extremely popular, both with individuals and companies, mainly because it is a better way to fax. With this in mind, here are 10 reasons you should consider getting an online fax service.
1. Cost-effective. This new modern way of faxing is much more cheaper than the conventional method. Plus, you have no need to buy papers, inks and toners.
2. Easy to use. Sending a fax is as easy as sending an email, and we all know how to do that. You can send your fax via email or you can simply log into your online account to check and send your messages. Many providers also have a desktop application which you can use for faxing.
3. Complete Portability. You can send and receive your messages from any mobile device such as a smart phone or laptop, as long as they are connected to the web. This means your business is no longer confined to the office or office hours.
4. Less Clutter. Mainly because all your messages are in digital form, they can be easily stored online or on your computer. No more rumbling throw a mount of old faxes to find the one you want. All your important messages are just a click away and completely private.
5. No Dedicated Phone Line. Since everything is handled online and through your computers, there’s no need for an extra fax phone line. This means starting up a business or company can be done much cheaper. There is also no need to purchase a fax machine.
6. Fax Broadcasting. You can import your contact lists and send a single fax to many recipients at once with a few clicks of the mouse. Simple and efficient way to contact all your clients or customers.
7. No Junk Faxes. Since we are talking about using email, you can set-up rules to block any unwanted messages or faxes. This will save you a few headaches and a whole lot of time. Plus, since your messages can be encrypted, they are much more secure with online faxing.
8. Corporate Plans. There are corporate fax plans available from most providers and these plans can be custom designed to perfectly match your needs. You can also opt for a virtual PBX service which encompasses voice mail, forwarding and even a virtual receptionist. This again will save you money.
9. Completely Scalable. Online fax services are completely scalable for your business. If you should need to scale up or down, this can be quickly done without the need to install any extra hardware such as fax machines and dedicated phone lines.
10. Competitiveness. Using a faxing system which is directly tied into your computers and the Internet, can be extremely beneficial to say the least. It will also make your company more efficient and competitive simply from the fact your business is open and reachable 24/7, 365 days of the year. If you’re not using it, just keep in mind, your competitor is probably already using it. But again, like any business decision, it’s your call?
For all of the above reasons, online fax has grown in popularity with businesses and for personal use. While it is still a long way from replacing the conventional fax machine, the writing is on the wall.
For more information on Internet Fax Services use this handy online fax Comparison Guide: www.onlinefaxguide.com Or if you want more detailed information on Internet Faxing try here: www.internetfaxguide.org Titus Hoskins Copyright. This article may be freely distributed if this resource box stays attached.