May 26, 2011
Some people are perfectly happy to blog for the fun of it. However, others are in it for the money. It is possible to make a lot of money as a blogger.
Ultimately blogging comes down to attracting new readers on a consistent basis. You then need to keep those people coming back for more. To do this there are a few things you must learn how to do it consistently worked on.
1. Write interesting content. The best way to do this is to start a blog in a niche you have knowledge on, or have a passion for.
You’ll find it’s much easier to sit down and write blog articles when you don’t have spent a lot of time researching. Not only that, but when you write from the position of passion or experience it will come across in the type of articles you write.
Is your blog going to be informational by nature? Hopefully it will be. However, you also want to interject things into your writing style that are controversial, humorous, and so on.
2. SEO your blog posts. Optimize your blog articles around keyword phrases people are searching for relating to the theme of your blog.
Keep your content tightly focused around a specific niche. This makes it easier to build a keyword list that you can write blog articles around.
Include your keyword phrases in the title of the blog post. Also include the exact keyword phrase in the first and last paragraphs of the blog article. Then in the body of the article use variations of this phrase as it sounds natural.
3. Update your blog regularly. You do not have to do a blog article every day if you do not want to. However, at least be committed enough to your blog to update your content one or two times a week.
Many people who are busy will sit down on a Sunday afternoon and write one month’s worth of blog content. You can then publish your posts to be updated in advance based on the schedule you choose.
4. Blog comments. Encourage your readers to post comments on the blog articles you are writing. To develop some good backlinks go out and make blog comments on other people’s blogs.
You can subscribe to Google Alerts for the primary keyword phrase of your blog. Every day in your email inbox you can receive updates on blogs that relate to your specific keyword phrase.
When making a blog comment use your primary keyword phrase in the name field. This will help you build backlinks based around the relevancy of those keyword phrases.
5. Monetize your blog. Join affiliate programs and place banners for them on your blog. Also join Google Adsense and include some Google ads on your blog. These are two proven ways for you to make money as a blogger.
Doing these 5 things will help you cash in on blog marketing. You need a commitment to make your blog as good as it can be. When you do that you will attract readers on a consistent basis and that will lead to more income for you.
If you enjoyed this article by Jeff Schuman please visit his take paid surveys website today. Join JV With Jeff for free and receive tips on how to make money online without any experience or website of your own. http://www.Team-Schuman.com