September 1, 2017
People conduct business in all possible ways. There are multiple methods and strategies to promote and advance all kind of business, which will help to reach definite financial goals. It goes without saying that business through the Internet is probably the most dependable and surely the quickest possibility to earn a great income. Consequently, business people create their own websites where they offer their products and services.
What is the first thing you will need when operating via the Internet? If you say “A good advertisement” or “The full list of your products and services,” you are surely wrong. Definitely, it is the quality of your resource. Nobody would be interested in your offers if the interface of your website is not friendly, smart and easy to understand. No user would even read a single sentence about what you are selling. That’s why it is essential to create a perfect image of your home page, as well as of the rest of the pages on your online resource.
In order to figure out how to make your website an attractive eCommerce site, you should avoid the following 10 mistakes:
1. Low speed. The necessity of speed is huge. The Internet was initially created for the search but it must be quick. Customers become annoyed when it seems to take forever for a site to load. If you have a lot to offer on your site, you will need advanced software so your information opens quickly.
2. Poor mobile optimization. Many Internet users browse information through their mobile phones. This is no novelty and if you don’t consider this fact, then you will be out of business. Your target is to make your website extremely convenient for all potential customers. The support of mobile devices is one of the obligatory conditions. Accordingly, you should optimize your resource for all kinds of mobile phones to make it accessible and practical.
3. Poor navigation. This is another necessity for the creation of the most convenient conditions for the users. Many online services implement complicated interfaces, which only serve to disorient their visitors. All the buttons and indicators located on your website should be easy to understand. Don’t confuse your customers. Optimize your navigator.
4. Excessive pop-ups. The use of pop-ups can be pretty helpful. It makes any website very creative and attractive. But do not overdo it. Too many pop-ups disturb the reading experience which makes it annoying for your readers.
5. Autoplay of multimedia content. Multimedia content that starts playing automatically can irritate your visitors. There is a great statement, which says: “Don’t express your point of view if you are not asked for it.” Don’t be intrusive. Let your visitor decide if he or she wishes to watch the video.
6. No clear point. At times resources can introduce information that doesn’t give a clear understanding of the type of services being offered. All those advertising slogans can be a beautiful disguise with no clear point. The customers wish to know what exactly you sell. Don’t dance around it. Come straight to the point and explain what you can offer your visitors.
7. Too much information. Do not describe every unit you are selling in detail on your homepage. Instead, create special categories for each product or service with detailed information on the dedicated pages. On the main page, be brief and explain in a few sentences what you are capable of.
8. The lack of proof. There are too many fakes on the Internet. Accordingly, customers may get suspicious if you don’t provide them with the official evidence that your resource is trustworthy.
9. Distracting ads. Trying to be original. Too many sites have ads that are overpowering and intrusive. Find a middle ground.
10. No possibility for visual tests. When you advertise your products or services, you should demonstrate the way they work. Have a live demo button, videos, animations etc. showing your product or service in action. Many websites don’t provide the visual versions of what they sell and customers lose their interest.
Undertake the needed steps to avoid the above-mentioned mistakes. Create all possible conveniences for the potential customers and you will enjoy success.
Petra Mainer, the head content manager at EssayServiceWriter.com, studied Information Management, and is now eager to become a regular contributor for different digital and entertainment blogs. You can follow her on Twitter @PetraMainer.