September 5, 2017
Google has been the No. 1 search engine for more than a decade. It is known to be user-friendly, with simple yet effective features that indeed work perfectly. If you enjoy this search engine as your preferred option, whether on your Smartphone or personal computer, then you likely have no intention to change. Recently, Google has added a new save feature, giving its users yet another reason to smile.
How to access Google’s new save menu
Most frequent users of Google already know about the Hamburger menu that is relatively new as well. Under this menu, you can access the save option with ease. You need to visit the Google home page on your mobile browser and locate the option on the left side. Upon opening the new save menu from the hamburger menu, users can save documents, images, and various pages they need to visit later.
Opening the save feature for the first time
Once you open the save feature, you will get a pop-up offering some information. This helps users understand that they can access the feature not only on the home page but also throughout the webpages. Further, it advises that the save feature helps you to save webpages, travel details and places as you surf the Web.
Once you read and click the ‘GOT IT’ option at the bottom, Google will remember and will not surface the pop-up again.
The necessity to create the new save feature
You may have noted with concern that the share button has been replaced by the save feature in some Google panels. According to one of the managers at Google, this new save button has been created so that Google users can enjoy keeping track of various interests while online. He also said that mobile Web browsing is now more fun and more useful when people can save results.
Google introduced image search saving tools in 2015 and advanced that the following year. It also added a feature to save local places that saw improvement in 2017. However, this new saving feature is a great improvement to save everything in one place.
The common SEO mistakes you are making
SEO has many benefits to the businesses that run a website. However, it may fail to deliver if the SEO experts continually make mistakes. If you visit as many sites as I do, you will notice various SEO mistakes that people make. Below are the common ones.
1. Misuse of ‘Nofollow’ on your link – As much as there are times when you need to hide some pages or keep pages from indexing, this is not a warranty to use the ‘nofollow’ option on your URLs. It affects the page ranking.
2. Failure to use canonicalization – SEO experts may fail to tell the search engine to treat a page like a ‘canon’ which prevents them from indexing duplicate content or pages. It will ruin the page ranking. Most SEO experts get worried about losing the no-canonical page ranking which has no effect since it is a duplicate.
3. Using few outbound links – Some people think that it is wrong to have outbound links on their site. However, research shows that sites with outbound authority links perform better than the ones without. Do not ignore this common mistake.
4. Use of bad internal link framework – Google advises that internal links from one page to another will help in ranking. However, most people focus on the wrong frameworks for doing the internal links. This results in futile efforts that not only confuse the users but also the search engine.
5. Bad URL structure – Building URLs that are friendly to the whole SEO aspect of a site is not the easiest thing. In most cases, people mess up the folder architecture where they misallocate a folder, have URLs that are 404s pages or have many junk URLs.
6. Use of unindexable format – If Google cannot index the pages, how are you ranked? Even after knowing that it is not possible to rank without indexing, people still use such formats. As much as you may still need to use these formats, make sure that the search engine can comfortably crawl into all page information.
7. Poor use of subheading – using the H1 setting for a subheading is wrong — it is reserved for the whole page heading. Make sure that you use the subheading correctly, e.g., do not skip H2 and go to H3
Now that Google has created the new API for AdWords scripts, people can now integrate Google AdWords with Google slides. The main purpose of this effort is to make sure that people seeking to advertise work can now have an automated option. Prior to this, the slide decks use relied on manual operation. However, now the scripts are integrated with the slide API, and this gives it a complete automated feel. For now, it is easy, using provided code snippets to follow on the steps of using the slides API when making a new presentation.
For people to write Apps Scripts, they will need AdWords Scripts. Consequently, this allows them to make changes to any accounts in the programming. Now that AdWords apps can get integrated with accounts like Gmail, people can use just one command to make changes across all areas.
For other Google services where AdWords integration is not yet applicable, the advanced API integration can still be used to achieve similar results. This is a more complicated and time-consuming way to deal with this automation. Google slides have been removed from this category by the newly advanced API integration for AdWords presentations.
Ethan Clark is an experienced AdWords professional and has worked for Google for many years. In her quest to find out the applicability of Google’s new capability she ended up trying Seoanalytics.pro services and confirmed that they are one of the best in applying the AdWords automation and avoiding SEO mistakes.