December 8, 2017
The U.S. job market is a changin’.
According to the latest research from professional network LinkedIn, technology is leading the way when it comes to the 10 most promising jobs in 2017.
Machine Learning Engineer topped the list with nearly 10 times more LinkedIn members indicating it is their profession now than five years ago.
According to LinkedIn’s list, the top 10 emerging positions are:
- Machine Learning Engineer(9.8 times growth)
- Data Scientist(6.5 times)
- Sales Development Representative(5.7 times)
- Customer Success Manager(5.6 times)
- Big Data Developer(5.5 times)
- Full Stack Engineer(5.5 times)
- Unity Developer(5.1 times)
- Director of Data Science(4.9 times)
- Brand Partner(4.5 times)
- Full Stack Developer(4.5 times)
“Our study also took a look at the most common skills among the top 20 emerging jobs,” LinkedIn data scientist Rachel Bowley said in a blog post. “While it’s key to have some technical chops for some of these, several soft skills that make the list as well.”
That list included:
- Software Development
- Cloud Computing
For additional insights, take a gander at the full 2017 Emerging Jobs Report.