July 18, 2008
You might have started your adventures in e-commerce with a bare-bones system. But if you’re like most people, you’ve probably outgrown these simple carts.
If that’s the case, you need to consider these options:
31 Things to Look For When Choosing Your Next Online Shopping Cart…
- Is the cart secure? Make sure the cart has verified security standards and is hacker safe. Those orders could be a major source of fraud that could run you out of business if you aren’t careful.
- Can it import your existing client database?
- Can it import your existing list of products and services?
- Will it categorize your products and services so you can find items quickly?
- Will it calculate shipping charges by different carriers, like USPS and overnight courier services?
- Can it bill clients automatically each month if you sell recurring services like coaching, or products, like supplements?
- Will it work easily with credit card processing companies?
- Do they offer free product suppor
- Could it offer A/B split testing of different ads, so you can test with ads are more effective?
- Does it have an affiliate manager module to track orders made by your partners?
- Can it send out automated messages so you can follow up with clients using automated messages and sales scripts that can save you time and make you money?
- Are the prices reasonable?
- Can you choose from a variety of services so you get the level of service you need?
- Does it have features included, like affiliate program tracking and auto-responders?
- Can it work with your website to do product upsells?
- Does it offer coupons and discounts for consumers?
- If you operate several companies, will they all work with one cart, or do you need additional carts? Good systems will let you take orders from different companies you own.
- Has the cart been in business for more than five years?
- Does the cart have testimonials from satisfied people in your industry?
- Will it print an invoice?
- Can I make the sales pages look like my website so it has the same colors, logos and layout so customers feel comfortable and has a positive experience?
- Will it create a database of clients, prospects and newsletter subscribers?
- Will it send out newsletters in HTML and TEXT?
- Can it track undeliverable emails?
- Does it integrate with QuickBooks so you can do bookkeeping faster?
- Can you search by client name or client email address to find records?
- Can you create reports to see the records of each person who bought a specific product?
- Can you send messages to people who bought specific products?
- Can you send personalized messages that include a person’s name, company, city and product purchased?
- Can you become an affiliate of the shopping cart and recommend it to your clients?
- Can it offer a security code to defeat spammers?
Modern shopping carts, like MyEasyOnlineStore.com have all these features and more. Don’t buy a cart that doesn’t have these services, as you will surely need them.
Serial Internet business entrepreneur, Dan Janal has built multiple six-figure income businesses using MyEasyOnlineStore.com. Now, for the first time ever, he’s revealing the hidden truth behind automating your business, making more money online & enjoying the entrepreneur’s lifestyle. Get his free special report, “How to Choose an Online Shopping Cart” now at: http://www.prleads.com/meos