October 22, 2009
There are millions-if not billions-of articles on the internet. No matter the topic, people have already written about it online. So it can be difficult to get new articles to the top of the search engines. But, it can definitely be done.
It isn’t enough to select a topic people about which people will want to read. Let’s say that you went over to Google’s AdWords (or another website that determines which keywords are the most popular search terms at the moment) and then decided to write about one of the latest trends. While this does improve your chances of ranking higher on the search engines (and it is, in fact, a worthwhile step to take), it alone will not guarantee success. Instead, you will need to make your article stand out somehow.
Tips on Writing Your Article
Writing about the current buzzwords and trends-also known as viral marketing-is a great start. But you can definitely take other steps to make sure that your article rises to the top of the search engines. These are some ideas that you might try:
- Choose your keywords wisely. Let’s say that you did research and found that a certain brand of candy bar was a big trend that a lot of people were talking about because of a contest that was going on. Keywords for your article could very well be ‘candy bar’ and ‘contest.’ The brand name could also be a keyword. Don’t, however, choose something extraneous, such as ‘chocolate’ or ‘nougat.’ For this type of article or articles, you won’t need to describe the candy bar.
- Select keyword placement wisely. You should include your keywords in the headline of your article. You should also make certain to include them in the body of your article several times, toward the beginning and the end.
- Keep keyword density in mind. Keyword density is the number of times your keyword appears relative to the number of words in total. Your density should be no more than 5% to 7%. Any more than that, and most search engines may regard your article to be spam.
- Include links to high-ranking websites (or other articles on your own website). Links will help you to achieve high search engine rankings, especially if they are links to popular websites.
- Remember: Content is King. If the quality of your article isn’t good, no one will read it-and, therefore, no one will click on any of the links. Make your article interesting and readable.
What to do After the Article is Written
Once you have finished the article, there are still a few ideas you can try that can help to get your article to the top of the search engines:
- Submit your articles to the several article directories.
- Submit your article to ezine editors that accept articles on your topic.
- Look for blogs related to your topic, and ask if they accept outside articles for submission.
- Post a link to the article on Twitter and Facebook.
- Submit the article to social bookmarking websites, such as StumbleUpon and Digg.
James Trent is a mentor and business coach that assists serious entrepreneurs in building a profitable online business with multiple incomes streams. James and his team have assisted hundreds of people in generating huge profits in their very first year. For more information and to contact James, visit his website.http://thesevenfigurepro.com