August 9, 2010
1. There are over 400 million active Facebook users and over 50% of the users login everyday. This means there is a huge, global audience to market your company to.
2. Facebook is a great place to distribute information about your company including events, photographs, videos, articles, blog posts as well as your business hours and contact information.
3. Social networking sites like Facebook allow you to connect with your customers on a personal level.
4. You can use the discussions feature to create surveys, ask questions and gather valuable information from your customers.
5. Having a Facebook page will give you a stronger presence with the search engines, especially with Google’s new social search function.
6. The Facebook Fan Box is a powerful tool that you can place on your blog, website, YouTube page or even your email newsletter that allows visitors to see your company’s Facebook page and even become a fan without ever leaving your site.
7. Facebook Connect allows users from a multitude of sites to access and post information to Facebook without leaving the site they are visiting, such as eBay, Etsy and all the major social bookmarking sites. If someone sees a product they like or reads an interesting article, they can easily post it to their Facebook profiles.
8. 20 million people become fans of Facebook Pages each day and more than 1.5 million local businesses have Facebook Pages. Your competition most likely has a Facebook page and you do not want to fall behind this important way to build your business.
9. As Facebook Mobile grows in popularity, more and more people are spending time on Facebook since they do not have to be at a computer and can access the site from anywhere in the world at anytime.
10. Facebook is growing internationally so you can easily target those in other countries and add international customers to your demographic.
Forrest Yingling is the Marketing Director for WebNet Hosting, Premier Partner Miva Host since 2004. WebNet Hosting provides fully PCI Compliant Miva Hosting with 100% up-time as well as e-commerce solutions and basic web hosting.