October 26, 2011
Did you know that over 91 % of people in the country have a mobile device? Twenty percent of these people, which consists of more than 50 million people, have an internet-capable “smart phone?” These smart phones are iPhones, Androids and Blackberry phones. There are more than 150 billion mobile text messages that are being sent every month by these mobile devices and a rather amazing ninety percent are being read within one hour of being sent.
Now that you know how many people have smart phones and how many people are sending and reading text messages, just envision how a mobile marketing plan could grow your business. Mobile advertising is a perfect way of getting your message to your target audience. By sending out text messages to your audience, your information is being hand-carried right to their front door. You will want people to subscribe to your list or to your publication and this is a great way to stay in front of them and get them used to hearing from you.
It doesn’t matter what type of business you have, potential customers will always wish to hear from someone who has new, helpful ideas. They don’t want to be bombarded with useless messages but if your messages are beneficial, they will choose to hear from you on a regular basis. This is a very powerful way for you to increase your business. Just like email messages, customers can unsubscribe from your lists using their mobile devices. But similar to email marketing, this is the way it works.
As part of your total marketing strategy, you need to also have a mobile marketing strategy to reach all of your customers who are going mobile. Here are some mobile marketing points to keep your mobile customers glad and excited to open your text messages:
1. You should make available a text message service to all of your customers.
2. Put the offer on your website, in an online advertisement or in your emails.
3. Your text message should contain a catchy slogan. Clarify what the benefits are to them if they subscribe.
4. Make sure that your text messages are valuable and relevant to your customers’ needs.
5. Offer your customers a great deal. You can offer them a markdown on your services when they send your message onto a family member or a friend. Tell them that the offer applies when they subscribe. If you have a brick and mortar store, you could give your customers a bar code message in your text message. When you send the bar code to your customers, let them know that your offer will expire in a week or 10 days.
When your customers come to your store, they can show the bar code on their phone and the discount will be automatically applied. There is no requirement for them to produce a coupon. This is another powerful way for you to grow your business through mobile marketing.
You should begin to understand just how powerful a mobile marketing strategy would be to your business if executed the right way. More and more people are getting great deals through mobile marketing so join the club and put together a mobile marketing strategy for your business.
Article by Cathy Quel. If you would like more information on how to use mobile marketing to grow your business, then download my free report, http://workonlinesuccess.com/Mobile-Content/index.html