December 7, 2012
Facebook, which is regarded as one of the best social networking sites (SNS) is also looked upon as a potential platform to help employers find the right candidates. One of the reasons for this is a majority of users actively share their personal information on this networking site. Facebook went a step ahead in bridging the gap between employers and job seekers by launching its Social Jobs App.
Social Jobs App
At launch, Facebook has entered into a partnership with five recruitment organizations namely Work4Labs, Monster, U,S. Jobs, Branch Out, and Jobvite. With this new app, Facebook promises the recruitment process will never be the same. The social network has collaborated with the U.S. Department of Labor, Direct Employers Association (DE), the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) and the National Association of State Workforce Agencies (NASWA) to introduce this app. The goal is to help unemployed Americans find the right job.
How Social Jobs App Works
Once you fire up this app, you will land on its promotional page. In the top right-hand corner, you will see the live count of the total number of available job vacancies.
• There is a box titled ‘I’m looking for a job’ which has ‘Keywords,’ ‘Location,’ ‘Category’ and ‘Sub-category’ tabs.
• In the ‘Keywords’ tab, enter the type of job you are looking for. For instance, if you are a journalist looking for a job, enter the keyword ‘Journalist’ in this tab.
• Next, in the ‘Location’ tab, enter the location where you wish to find a job.
• Move on to the ‘Category’ tab. Select the appropriate category from the default list. Select ‘Editorial/Media/Journalism’ from the list.
• In the ‘Subcategory’ box, select the suitable subcategory. Every job category has default specified niche job areas. You can choose from the list the sub-category ‘Journalism.’
• You can select or de-select the ‘Show me veteran-friendly job’ and hit the ‘Search Jobs’ tab.
• You can search for a job from the five organizations. Just below the ‘I’m looking for a job’ box the five organizations’ tabs are listed.
• Once you select the tab you want, you can view job information such as job title, company that offers the job and job location.
• The list of available jobs will appear.
Before you use this app, use search engines to check what information is pulling up when you type in your name in the search tab. If you anything potentially damaging shows up, you need to work on ways to do the damage control. You can also access your Facebook profile and other social networking profiles and take off the content and images that could put off future employers.
The Final Word
Many employers have already been using the app. For job seekers, this app is yet another valuable source to find the right job.
This is a guest post by Christy Haywood of offers.telcoservicesgroup.net, a site that offers savings and current information on about u verse as well as att.com services.