July 31, 2014
Website technology is constantly evolving. That is because website redesign is a necessity especially for businesses whose brand, label, products, and services rely on online marketing and whose customers, leads and prospects are mostly online. The question to ask yourself while looking at your website is, does it need a virtual makeover? Here are the top indicators:
Website Isn’t Parallel with Your Business
Ask yourself these questions:
- Does your website accurately reflect your brand?
- Have you ever changed your logo?
- Is your website still designed to accurately represent your current customers or clients and prospects?
If you answered NO to questions 1 and 3 and if you answered yes to question 2, then it’s high time for a redesign.
Unclear and Outdated Content
- Does your website offer high-quality, relevant content?
- Is your company’s mission, vision and objectives accurately represented by your website?
- Is your logo consistent with your brand?
- Does your website list comprehensive information on the services and products your company offers?
- Is your website still in Flash?
A NO for an answer for questions 1 through 4 and a YES for question 5 signifies your website needs a total makeover. Furthermore, if you find it difficult to update content or to add a new category or service, that is another indication. Poor visibility, stagnant traffic, low conversions and decreased sales are results of having a website that is not beneficial to your customers, clients, and prospects. Flash-based websites mean poor customer service and almost zero customer satisfaction rate.
Having a website that’s easy to update is important to ensure it stays accurate and fresh. Try using a content management system (CMS) to keep your site current.
Overall, if you feel like your site is no longer consumer-focused, then now is the perfect time to for a re-design.
- Is your website hidden from search results?
- Are you proud to give out your URL?
- Are users able to find you when searched online?
- How is your search engine rankings?
A YES for question 1 and NO for questions 2 and 3 indicate your site needs some re-designing. Call your SEO manager to work with your graphics artist, programmer, and webmaster to get workimg on imprroving your site. Creating your site with SEO in mind will also ensure that potential customers, future clients, and prospects can find you online.
Incompatible with Select or All Mobile Devices
- Does your website work on your phone, tablet, desktop, etc?
- Is your website responsive to any mobile device?
- Is your website mobile-optimized?
If you answered NO to all three questions, then it’s time to re-design your website. Why? Just do the math out of the following statistics:
A study by Google showed that 61 percent of people they surveyed will leave a website if the site doesn’t display well on their phones. According to Econsultancy, 62 percent of companies that designed a website with mobile in mind saw increased sales. So go ahead and work on a responsive re-design of your website. Did you know that you could be penalized for not having a mobile-friendly website?
Stuck in the Old Season
- Does your website feel and look old?
- Is your website obsolete in terms of layout, design, content and overall appeal?
- Do you have a complicated and messy site?
If you answered ‘Yes’ to all three questions then what are you waiting for? Go ahead and plan out your site’s re-design now.
Website re-design will definitely mean more expenses and will require a whole lot of patience. But it will be worth it in the end. Who knows? A new website could be just what you need to bring luck and grow your business in the future.
Joshua Uebergang is the Director of Digital Darts, an Australia digital marketing agency to help companies increase traffic, leads, and most importantly sales.