December 10, 2014
The lifeblood of any business is traffic, and the best source of traffic is that gained through search engines. A website can have a beautiful design and offer wonderful products, but without proper search engine optimization, no one will be around to see them. In today’s business world, executives tend to involve themselves more and more with the marketing department, however, the process of SEO is a difficult and time-consuming challenge. What is even more critical is local SEO, as this article explains. You should hire a company with the experience and expertise it takes to get your online business soaring to unheard of heights.
When considering local SEO for your business, market research must be conducted to come up with the relevant keywords for your niche. In addition, the content and elements on Web pages must be correctly optimized for search engines, and quality backlinks must be present throughout your content. A provider that can offer all these services and more, can become a valuable part of your marketing team and helping to generate organic traffic to your website. Listed below are some of the services you should demand.
Citations are mentions of your businesses name and address on other Web pages, including those which may have no link to your website such as the yellow pages directory or the local chamber of commerce pages. Major search engines such as Google and Bing use citations as a key component of their algorithms when determining ranking order; if other factors are equal, businesses with a higher number of citations will rank higher than businesses with a lower number of citations. Here is how they are normally used:
- Steps are taken to ensure your company information is up-to-date and complete;
- Using this information existing citations are analyzed — ensure they are accurate, removing duplicates in the process;
- Using a large huge database of business listing websites, we create new citations for your business, beginning with the highest quality sources and working through the list;
- The end result is a comprehensive list of citations, which will provide maximum benefit to your business;
Local Search Marketing
Local search marketing ensures your business will appear above organic results for relevant search terms to provide you with a cutting-edge based on your location. With more than three billion search queries containing local terms each month, optimizing your website for local search is essential. Many companies use their local search marketing expertise to utilize a number of techniques which will help your business hit the top of the rankings such as:
- Local keyword research and analysis;
- Optimize your website for local search queries;
- Comprehensive citation building;
- Create geographically relevant content which is designed to attract links;
- Identify review sites with a strategy for encouraging positive feedback;
- Assist you in optimizing your social media profiles.
Just think about the recent Google Maps updates. You now get even more information about your desired location such as the current weather forecast and local time. That’s exactly how you want your information presented—in a format that users find informative and beneficial.
Search Engine Marketing
A search engine marketing service is designed to develop a strategy which works for your business. The two main features of search engine marketing are SEO and pay-per-click advertising, both of which are designed to drive traffic towards your website and increase your search engine ranking.
Online Reputation Management
Online reputation management is the process of creating, building, maintaining, and if necessary recovering the public perception of your business. With people feeling the need to share their opinions in more and more ways, it is more important than ever to protect the reputation of your business. Online reputation management providers can do this in several ways:
- Monitor and manage reviews written in local business directories to increase click-through numbers;
- Create analysis of mentions from online blogs, news sites, and social networks to highlight positive and negative comments;
- Create alerts and RSS feeds which provide a continuous stream of relevant content.
The idea of pay-per-performance is to ensure clients know exactly what they are paying for and what they can expect to receive in return. Working with traditional SEO companies who request fees up-front can be frustrating, and the results can be unexpected. That is why you should choose a service that features varying plans to meet every budget and requirement.
A pay-per-performance includes:
- Regular updates detailing keywords which have ranked on the first page;
- Details of how many days each keyword has been ranked for;
- Amount paid is pro-rated according to results delivered.
You want to work with a company that believes that the relationship we form with their clients should be long-term and based on a combination of trust and quality. You want a results-based local SEO company, who relies on providing a world-class service to their clients with a unique approach to each individual company, working to their needs. In addition, they should see ourselves as an extension of the business rather than an outside contractor. The objective is to partner with a company that wants to ensure you a bright and prosperous future.
Katrina Manning is a content marketing specialist who has penned thousands of articles on business, tech, lifestyle and digital marketing for a wide variety of global B2B clients. She mostly writes for www.leadpath.com and she is also the author of three books and is currently working on her fourth. In her free time, she enjoys fundraising for charitable causes, playing with her cat and baking.