May 1, 2015
Social media is a great tool when it comes to marketing online, and there are many excellent platforms out there. One of these, Instagram, is something many people consider but aren’t sure if it will work for their company. Some might not know just what the social channel is for and others might not know if it will have the same sort of positive impact like Facebook or Twitter. I am going to take a look at Instagram, if you should use it, and give a few great tips for those who decide to!
How Does Instagram Really Work?
Instagram has long been a social media channel that is popular with Millennials and younger individuals. It is a great platform to share your favorite photos from your day, whether the photos are of cats, books, selfies or a beautiful sunset. Instagram is a great place for people to share visual aspects from their lives for their friends to interact with. It is an awesome visual tool, and many businesses are starting to notice its importance. It provides a unique ability to market to a younger crowd, and can give businesses an incredible competitive edge if Instagram is used correctly. There are currently several brands that have an incredible Instagram presence, which can give you inspiration if you decide your business needs an account, as well.
Should Your Company Be On It?
Since Instagram markets to a younger crowd and is so visually driven, many people wonder just what type of companies should use it. In fact, the reason you’re reading this is to learn if your business needs it or not, right? I am going to look at a few things a business needs to consider before setting up an Instagram account.
- Do You Have Visual Marketing? One of the first things you need to look at is if you utilize or need visual marketing. Instagram gives you the chance to utilize visual marketing to your advantage, and there are multiple things you can do to maximize the impact. However, you first need to make sure that you have products that are great for visual marketing, as well as creating and sharing photos that promote engagement with your followers. You don’t want to share bland photos, as those are likely not to get engagement.
- Are Your Clients on It? This is a pretty obvious question that some tend to overlook. If your clients aren’t on Instagram, it is likely that you won’t be able to reach as many people as you’d like to. Sure, you might get a few, but you need to be where your clients are because the audience you want to reach will be there, too. If your clients aren’t on Instagram, you might want to reconsider using it or you can ask your clients if they’d be willing to join Instagram if your company sets up a page. In fact, you can hold a contest and giveaway to encourage people to get on and follow your account.
- Are Your Competitors on It? Now, you might not have many clients on Instagram, but you need to look to see if your competitors are. You should also check to see if they have any engagement and how well it is helping them. If you see engagement on their photos, chances are you will have engagement on your photos, as well. You don’t want to be left in the dust by your competitors, and if they have a successful Instagram campaign, it is time to set one up and get to work.
How Can You Use Instagram for Your Business?
Now that you know a few questions to ask yourself, you’ll need tips on how to use Instagram for your business. I gathered a few great points to help you get started!
- Utilize Hashtags on Your Photographs. Hashtags are an important aspect of social media, especially when it comes to Instagram. This will help you combine your photos with other trendy hashtags, which will give you the chance to be found by new readers and customers. Don’t shy away from using a few hashtags, either. Adding more can help broaden your reach significantly.
- Fill Out Your Profile to Make it Powerful. Just like with any other social media channel, you need to fill out your profile to optimize it and make it powerful. This will help people know your Instagram is an official one and not spam, convincing them that your account is safe to follow. Instilling trust is an important aspect for every business.
- Know Your Age Demographic. When you start your Instagram account and create a campaign, you need to know what your demographic is. Are they young or old? What things do they like? Are there any memes that they’ll appreciate more? All of this can help you create a great Instagram presence. In fact, knowing your age demographic is vital for any social media campaign.
- Know How to Work Instagram For Business. Instagram is much like Facebook and Twitter in the fact that it does try to help businesses out. Before you get started with Instagram for your business, make sure you get acquainted with Instagram for Business to get the best results possible! You can also find other businesses on Instagram to gain inspiration from them and see just how they approach using the social site.
A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words
Instagram can be a powerful tool for some companies, providing more access to clients and sharing excellent photos with them. While not all companies, like small, local businesses, might benefit, there are several things people can do with social media to get the most out of it. If you are looking for a way to maximize your social media content for the best impact, contact Express Writers, today! We have excellent social media services, providing you with excellent content to share with your followers. Will you be trying Instagram for your business or have you already? What are some things you’ve learned from using it?
Julia Spence-McCoy is the CEO of Express Writers, an online copywriting agency that began in 2011 with thousands of web content pages written to date and more than 50 talented writers on the team. Her passion is copywriting and all that pertains, including the ever-changing game of Google algorithm updates.