February 9, 2017
There are a number of paid and free professional web design tools available to help designers make their tasks hassle-free. Below is a look at some of the best Web designing tools for 2017.
Atomic is a prototyping tool that requires no coding. In spite of the fact that the tool is premium, the organization behind it offers a free 30-day trial. In this way, you can try Atomic without paying a penny. Be that as it may, before utilizing it, you are encouraged to look over its elements underneath.
- Easy Start. You can begin either from a clear canvas or bring Photoshop and Sketch documents to Atomic.
- Craft Motion. Automatically create stunning transitions and craft elements by means of an advanced motion timeline.
- History Track. Tool shows your project changes at any stage and allows you to return to any of them whenever you like.
- Multi-device Experience. It’s possible to design prototypes on your desktop or Mac and preview them on any device.
- Interactions. It offers a variety of interaction triggers and gestures, e.g. hover, swipe, double tap, and much more.
- Sharing and Feedback. Prototypes can be shared with links and commented, all in one place.
Antetype is a UX design application expected to boost productivity of UI designers. Here’s what it offers:
- Prototypes. It is supplied with all the tools required to design high-end UI prototypes.
- Widgets. Antetype accompanies 400+ pre-designed gadgets and takes into account production of your own. Every gadget has a couple states and you can likewise add your own states to them.
- Nesting. Create complex UI designs thanks to the hierarchical nesting support.
- Specs. Only one click is enough to create a specification of your design once it’s ready.
- Export. Antetype designs can be exported as pixel- or vector-based graphics.
- CSS. The tool generates clean CSS code for any element designed with its help.
- Responsive & Retina-Ready. Antetype graphics are optimal for both HiDPI displays and flexible enough to be resized for screens of mobile devices.
Macaw is an intense website design tool fit for composing semantic HTML and concise CSS. It likewise saves the adaptability of the best picture editors. Look at its elements one by one.
- Stream. Macaw is fueled by Stream, a continuous design motor. It figures margins, clears, floats and other properties required to add components to a static document stream.
- Alchemy. The powerful design-to-code engine is meant to convert design into CSS and HTML.
- Responsiveness. Websites built with Macaw are optimized for tablets and other mobile devices.
- Typography. You can either use system fonts or add Web fonts to Macaw.
- Styling. A style can be applied to various elements and modified in a single location.
- Interactivity. It’s possible to set variable names and embed scripts for faster prototyping.
- Positioning. You can utilize fixed, static and absolute positioning to build dynamic layouts.
- Components Storage. Elements can be stored in a library and re-used on any page.
Avocode is an immaculate answer for front-end designers. It encourages the procedure of transition from visuals to code. The tool guarantees automatic generation of code pieces for exported pictures. Investigate the functional capability of Avocode in detail underneath.
- Conversion into CSS. The tool converts layer, font and paragraph styles into CSS. It also provides support for Less, Sass or Stylus.
- Retina Graphics. Avocode scales up and down imagery depending on the viewport size. The formats it supports include JPEG, PNG, SVG, and BASE64.
- Easy Import of Files. Design files are imported into Avocode by simply dragging and dropping.
- Color Conversion. Simply pick a certain color, and Avocode will automatically convert it into the necessary format, namely HEX and RGBA.
- Code Output Customization. You can customize the code output by means of variables, e.g. gradients, fonts, colors, distances and sizes.
- Photoshop and Sketch Support. The tool preserves everything crafted in Sketch and Photoshop, particularly layers, artboards, smart objects, etc.
Affinity by Serif has been named the ‘Photoshop killer’ by a few, and it’s anything but difficult to see why. The application has been made to be a devoted Web and visual design tool.
There were a couple of elements that I truly appreciated, including customizable non-destructive layers – which basically implies you can modify pictures or vectors without harming them.
The 1 million percent zoom was simply ecstasy (all the time Photoshop’s 32,000 feels like it’s sufficiently not). This is particularly helpful when working with vector art, as you can truly get in close. The Undo and history components are likewise truly helpful – Affinity permits you to go back more than 8,000 stages.
With regards to designing, the UI feels commonplace. When moving from Photoshop, everybody appears to need to begin once again, which can represent a genuine test.
What Affinity has done is kept the design well known while fixing everything up and concealing diversions. I was effortlessly ready to bounce straight in and get designing.
In general, Affinity feels like it could be a genuine competitor to Photoshop, Illustrator and Sketch, and at just £34.99 it’s a genuine deal.
Sketch is truly useful and productive in the exploration and UX phase of the design procedure. It is a moderately new application and it was designed particularly for the Web and application interface format. It additionally offers some fascinating elements, e.g. CSS export and has very lightweight UI.
The Sketch interface is generally simple to get used to; it has a surrey nature because of being so new. This can be a touch irritating and tedious. On the off chance that one has patience and free time, definitely, give Sketch a go. It has a mirror application accessible for mobile prototyping which is awesome for responsive design, however this is fiddly to use and very frustrating at the cost you pay (£3.99/$4.99).
“When we set out to build Sketch, we envisioned an app for the modern digital designer,” says Pieter Omvlee, founder of Bohemian Coding.
“We have tried to do that with key improvements to basic functionality and radical new features. We’ve been humbled by the enthusiasm with which people have started using Sketch and the amazing work they have created already.”
Without having to manually add slices, Sketch can create assets using one-click export, which will be exported at 0.5x, 1x, 2x and 3x and in various formats such as PNG, JPG and TIFF.
While Adobe Photoshop is an industry standard design tool that numerous designers swear by, some of those designers might not have any desire to pay the month to month expense to permit that product. For them, Pixlr might be justified regardless of looks.
On the off chance that you’ve used Photoshop some time recently, then the “Pixlr Editor” will be very familiar. Pixlr even opens. PSD documents and holds all the first layers, making it an extraordinary other option to Photoshop. Another great utilization of Pixlr is for customers who have exceptionally simple picture altering needs (resize, trim, and so on.). As a Web development services provider, I recommend this to my customers constantly, permitting them to get all the features they require without worrying about another product permit to keep up.
A B2B hybrid tool that consolidates both website design and development in one, Webydo is an extraordinary decision for designers hoping to make Web designs without expecting to hand compose code or depend on a Web developer to help them. A standout amongst the most energizing component in Webydo is the capacity to make “pixel-perfect responsive web designs” that work great on a variety of devices.
Webydo permits designers to start with a current layout or design or to begin from scratch with a drag and drop interface. You design in the web editor and it composes the code for you. Prevalent website highlights, as animated carousels, can likewise be added without expecting to compose code, making Webydo is a web design tool that could rapidly turn into a most loved for some designers.
Responsive website design has turned into a best practice and numerous sites now support an assortment of gadgets with a responsive format – yet shouldn’t something be said about e-mails? Ink permits you to effectively make “responsive HTML e-mails that work on any gadget.” They go ahead to include that their emails work in “even Outlook”, a sore point for some designers who need to take a shot at HTML e-mails and who battle to make them function admirably in Outlook!
Ink, which was made by the organization ZURB, offers various layouts on their site with the goal that you can start utilizing the framework, and sending responsive HTML emails, rapidly.
Material Design is Google’s visual language, including details on animation, style (shading, symbols, pictures, typography), layout, parts, patterns, and more . Material-UI is a “CSS Framework and a Set of React Components that Implement Google’s Material Design.”
The Material-UI site incorporates illustration projects for you to take a gander at, and also directions on the most proficient method to start utilizing this visual language in your own projects.
Modern Web development is by all accounts blending around various small, open source tasks and tools. Any semblance of Bootstrap, Compass and PhantomJS. Every bundle contributing a solitary perspective to another occupation – could test, CSS frameworks or code compilation.
Yeoman is Google’s endeavor to pull together the best of these applications under a solitary, customizable banner. Platform new web applications, staying up with the latest, auto-arranging your code, optimizing your pictures. Yeoman has your back.
When Yeoman, and its conditions are installed, the enchantment all occurs on the command line so you’ll in a perfect world be open to issuing charges there. In case you’re not, don’t stress, the framework is extremely very much recorded, even to the point of making this a decent place to take in the fundamentals of the stuff which Yeoman bundles up.
Wagtail is an open-source, responsive CMS intended to quicken the pace of Web development. It offers multi-language and a multi-site bolster. You can have Wagtail all alone machine, in the cloud or shared server. The CMS takes into intuitive content structuring and accompanies all the basic components for complex websites. Check some of them here:
- StreamField. Enables you to create and arrange blocks of different content types in any order you like.
- Snippets. By means of this feature, you can add an existing piece of content to another page. It can be replicated in different formats in different spots of your site.
- Explorer. Its features and components are organized in a clean, modular structure, which provides simple content navigation.
- Image Cropping. The CMS automatically detects faces and other image features and crops them accordingly. You can cancel automatic detection and define your own focal points o images.
- Form Builder. Wagtail allows for creation of forms with any number of fields. You can store form submissions in the admin interface for later retrieval and optionally email each of them to the specified address.
Mobirise has a place with the classification of the 2016 responsive page design tools. It is an imaginative Web designer that is free for both non-benefit and business reasons. It is proposed for both non-tech savvies who lean toward making designs outwardly and professional coders who take a stab at quick prototyping. This offline Windows and Mac application empowers you to manufacture little and medium sites, landing pages, online portfolios, and promo websites for your products and services. Here are the real features of Mobirise.
- Responsive Nature. As its name suggests, Mobirise allows for creation of mobile-friendly sites. You can preview the way your site looks on screens of different devices in the visual editor.
- Bootstrap 3. This tool is based on the mobile-first framework, which means you can make use of its functionality.
- Ready-Made Blocks. Mobirise provides a wide choice of ready-made blocks including a sticky header, burger menu, full-screen intro area, video background, Bootstrap carousel, content slider, responsive image galley supplied with a lightbox, and much more.
- Drag-and-Drop Functionality. Simply add the blocks you like to your page by dragging and dropping, edit the content, and publish it.
- Unlimited Hosting Capabilities. Sites built with Mobirise can be hosted anywhere, be it Amazon S3, Github, Google Drive, FTP, or local drive.
I hope this of web design tools will help you. Do you have any idea of some tools available for web designer to make their job simple and comfortable? Share your ideas in the comment below.
Jayvirsinhji Jadeja is a professional web app designer and development enthusiast at iMOBDEV Technologies, a topmost web design company. He focuses on updates of designing, templates, tools and any other designing related news. He also writes many articles on designing by his own experince.