February 27, 2019
Are you thinking of starting your own business but you do not have enough money as capital? This is indeed the main reason why most people decide not to pursue their dreams of starting their own business. What if you can start your own business with small capital? Well, that is indeed possible with the help of the internet. Many people are starting to take this great opportunity and it is time you start thinking about it too.
In this article, we will discuss some important tips to help you get started with an online business with minimum capital.
- Decide the nature of the business you want to start – first of all, you need to decide what type of business to start. Just like when starting a brick-and-mortar business, you also need to establish a plan before you start with this online business. If you’ve always wanted to have a shop then you can start an e-commerce site wherein you will sell clothes, shoes, bags, perfume, and others. If you love to bake then you should start a website to accept orders of cookies, cakes and other baked goods that you do. You can also start a blog and earn through ads or paid advertorials.
- Choose and register a domain name – next, you should choose a domain name to use for your online business. Once you found a name, it’s time you register domain name. It is best to make it unique but still easy to remember and spell.
- Find a reliable hosting platform – finding a reliable hosting site is important. You need your site to run smoothly daily without any interruptions. Thus, you need to check that the hosting site is credible. You should also check if they offer easy to manage control panel – this is especially helpful if you’re planning to manage the site on your own. Also, you should check that they have 24/7 customer service team to assist you in case you have a problem.
- Advertise in various social media sites – once the site is set-up, you should also find a way to gain more visitors and customers. You can do this by having a strong presence in social media sites. You should post about your products and services and maybe let your friends try it out and then ask them to post it on their pages so their friends and eventually more people will see it.
- Place a live chat widget on your website – lastly, it is recommendable to place a live chat widget for customers who have questions about the site especially how to order or how to pay. You should also make sure to answer email inquiries within 24 hours to provide high quality customer service that users will surely appreciate.
With the help of the internet, you can definitely start your own business. You no longer need to rent a place to set up your shop, no need to hire many people and the best part is that your business can run 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However, you should not expect to achieve success in an instant. It is still up to you how this business will grow. Thus, you need to focus on it and do your best to improve your products and services and your relationship with your customers too.