If you use WhatsApp on iPhone and you are going to change your device soon, you better back up your WhatsApp and create a date while you still have time. Following, we are giving you a few guidelines that will help you do this. So, read on carefully!
Check Your Usage
Before you do anything else, you need to check the data you use. The fact is, no one likes when they use excessive data, especially not when you are using a messaging app. You need to take your time out and assess how much data you use regularly.
You don’t need a third-party app to do that, you need to go to system and storage in settings, and you will get all the data you need. Checking the data and its size will give you a clear idea of how much time this backup process will take. Monitor your usage and use iSkySoft to cap it. Keeping your usage in control is important.
The Usual Way
If you want to create a WhatsApp backup on your iPhone, you have to open the app and go to settings. Now click on Chats and go to Chat Backup.
Now you will come across buttons that say “Back Up: You have to click on this button to back up your message. WhatsApp will attempt to save your backups to SD card in case you have one. If you don’t, then the backup is stored in your HD. You should know that WhatsApp automatically creates backup every day at 2 am.
See, creating a whatsapp backup is not that hard. But if you want to transfer this backup to another iPhone, then you need to use iCloud or use the WhatsApp with some account. You will be fine in this case. Just make sure you don’t input any wrong details.
Restoring Your Message
Creating the Backup was just one half of the story; you have to learn how to restore your message if you want to safe keep your data perfectly. WhatsApp creates backups under the file names of msgstore-yyy-mm-dd.x.db. crypt12. You need to identify the backup you want by the data. Once you find it, you have to change the file name. Once done, you need to tell WhatsApp that you want the backup to be restored.
Using a Different Backup Service
WhatsApp offers ultimate convenience to its users by creating a backup every night. But if you want to step up your security, you can use a third-party app. This app will not be only responsible for creating the backup, but it will also keep it safe, and help you transfer whatsapp from iphone to iphone.
Yes, you are not going to use a built-in solution for that. Instead, you need a third-party app which can accommodate your needs. iSkySoft is an app designed for iPhone users. It helps keep your data safe and secure. Moreover, this app helps you with device optimization and security to improve your user experience. If you need a one-stop solution for all your device issues, this app is your solution.
With the tips mentioned above, we are not going to share the following tips that will help you create a WhatsApp Backup with ease. So, you must consider these:
- Limit Data Usage: You can limit the Data Usage to downloaded images and videos. This is very handy if you use a strict data plan.
- Clear Up Some Space: You will need to monitor how much space is taken by every chat. Filter and a clear portion if you want to cut the size of the backup. You need to tweak your settings to accomplish this.
- Email Chat: Do you know you can save your email chat if you click the settings on the top right of chat. You need to tap More Menu and tap email chat. You can also choose to email chat with or without attachments.
- WhatsApp Desktop: In case you use WhatsApp all the time, then you better stick to Desktop version because it keeps your chat in 2 devices at a time. This improves your productivity to a great extent.
- Web Transfer: You should know you can also transfer WhatsApp chat through the Web. Just own browser and scan the barcode of android device and you will be fine.