If you are operating your business online, then you must have in-depth knowledge about the essential security measures and standards. This is critically important to protect your business against several cyber-attacks, threats, and vulnerabilities over the internet.
Among all of the security measures and standards, the two are at the top of the list. One of them is the Cyber Essentials Certification, while the other one is the IASME governance. Both of these are crucial for the companies operating today due to the excellent benefits provided by them.
In this article, you will learn about both of these in detail to develop a basic understanding of them.
Cyber Essentials Certification
It is a UK government-supported scheme that’s sole purpose is to provide complete protection to business against cyber-attacks. By achieving this certification, you demonstrate your ability and commitment to full cybersecurity. In this way, it helps in building the greater trust of your customers over your company, which ultimately generates more profits.
Let’s learn about some basic facts about cyber essentials certification.
How much does it cost?
This certificate costs you approximately £300, including VAT. There are no extra hidden costs in the attainment of this certification for your business.
How does Cyber Essential Certification help businesses?
It helps businesses through 5 critical technical controls:
1. It directly aids in the security of your company’s internet connection.
2. It makes your software and devices secure from hackers.
3. It ensures control access to your company’s confidential information and data. In this way, it plays a vital role in securing your data from unauthorised access.
4. It protects your devices from all types of viruses, malware, and other vulnerabilities.
5. It routinely monitors your devices and software and ensures that they are up-to-date.
This is another adequate standard for cybersecurity for the businesses and is developed over the years. This is specially designed for risk assessment purposes, along with meeting the other crucial objectives for a company.
For example, this standard also includes physical security concerns, data backup techniques, and staff awareness aspects. The IASME governance standard is best for small and medium-sized enterprises to enjoy the best business practices. The best thing about the IASME governance is that it also includes the aspects of cyber essential assessment as well as GDPR for best results.
Explore its cost as well as primary services.
Cost of IASME Governance Standard
If you are running a small or medium-size organisation in the UK, the estimated price for acquiring the IASME governance standard will be about £400.
Features of IASME Governance Standard
Here are some of the main features of this standard:
- It ensures that your company has implemented the strongest and active information security management system.
- It aids in developing a reliable risk assessment profile for your business.
- It is best for detecting the possible vulnerabilities, attacks, as well as incident management.
- Through IASME governance, you will enjoy the effective practices of respond and recover against unwanted events.