Marketing and project management should always go hand in hand. If you are thinking of different ways to market your products and services, you also need to find methods to improve your marketing project management. Here are simple ways to help improve your marketing project management.
1. Project Overview and Transparency
Although not everything in a project should be shared with your team members, you should still be transparent in all the things that are happening in the project. Transparency might have its disadvantages, but it is completely overshadowed by its benefits.
Transparency on the project can provide three important benefits:
- Accountability and Better Performance: This will enable the team members to be accountable for their actions and to fully understand their role in the project. Transparency can show exactly what the team needs to do and how to resolve the problems associated with the project.
- Prevent Project Derailment: Transparency can help prevent the project from going off course. If the team members don’t have any idea about the flow of the project, it will be difficult to report and identify the problems.
- Improved Teamwork: Transparency on the projects would allow the team members and managers to understand the work of the team as well as the tasks that should be accomplished. Because of this, the communication and accountability of the whole team will be improved.
2. Involvement of Internal and External Stakeholders
Whether you like it or not, internal and external project stakeholders will always be there to mess things up, especially if you don’t know how to handle them. However, they are vital for the success of your project so you cannot simply ignore them.
So what are the things that you can do to improve your marketing project management when the stakeholders are trying to butt in?
- Identify all of the internal and external stakeholders in the project since they are easier to manage if you have all of their basic information.
- Effective communication is very important and you have to see to it that your stakeholders are updated on a regular basis. You need to ask them their preferred mode of communication so you can inform them.
- Try to keep stakeholders in the loop and engaged in the project development. They need to have responsibilities and it should be based on their influence, power, and interests. If you plan to opt for an all-in-one marketing platform like Adrack, they will have to be informed about it.
- Get to know them as human beings because it helps if you know their attitudes, motivations and the things that would annoy them. This information can help you properly communicate with them and it will also allow you to get what you want from them.
3. Customized Workflows
You cannot start a project without a proper and customized workflow. You cannot let your team members go around doing tasks if they are not meant to be done yet and you cannot skip tasks just because you don’t want to do some of them.
There should always be a customized workflow that everyone on the team will follow. As the project manager, it is your responsibility to create a customized workflow for your project. You have to see to it that your team members are following the workflow as well.
4. Marketing Reporting
This is the process of measuring your progress, value and identifying the steps that will help improve your marketing campaigns. If you want to improve your marketing project management, you should start measuring your progress and check if there are parts of the project that are not doing well.
The most essential benefit of marketing reporting is the ability to pinpoint all of the things that need to be improved. It is great that the project is doing great and on the right track, but what are the things that you can still improve? Marketing reporting will show everything to you. In turn, you and your team can improve and make task changes.
5. Simple Review and Approval Processes
To improve your marketing project management, you have to speed up the review and approval process, but you have to keep it simple. You just have to make sure that the tasks are sent to the right people for review and approved in a timely manner. Due dates must be set so tasks don’t stay in the queue for a very long time.
Marketing Project Management Tools
Your marketing project management will not be completed without the right tools. You have to use the best possible tools available so you can speed up the process and make it more efficient.
Basecamp is one of the best project management platforms right now because it is also a communication tool that allows all the team members to see what they need to accomplish. It has a to-do list, file sharing, a calendar, due dates and more. It provides a good way for the team to track priorities and the tasks that they need to do.
Asana is a mobile and web application created to help teams organize, manage and track their tasks. You can organize all of the tasks for the project and assign them to team members along with the due date.
Brightpod is also a popular project management tool that is made for different marketing enterprises. It will allow you to track and assign tasks to team members. There is also an automated workflow, cross-project prioritization, editorial calendar, and much more.
Proofhub is a project management tool that allows you to plan, organize, collaborate and deliver various projects on time and with efficiency. It is an all-in-one project management tool that contains all the needed features to handle your projects.
Workfront is a platform that you can use for task management. Like many other project management tools, it also has features that allow you to track, organize and assign tasks to your team members with ease. It has different tools for reports, dashboards, approval, document management, and more.
It is not easy to handle a huge project as a project manager; it is your responsibility to handle everything efficiently. By using the right tools for project management and understanding how to improve your marketing project management, it will not be overly difficult to handle team members and complete projects successfully.