Whether you’re a digital nomad, a remote business owner, or just working from home, a digital mailbox service is probably on your mind. With multiple benefits to offer, especially in the post-COVID arena, these services are in demand and growing. But how do you choose the right one?
Luckily, we have the answer for you. Explore!
1. Identify the Services that You Need
Every digital mailbox brand has a specific set of features to offer. Analyze each of them and decide on the ones that you would need. Aside from the core functionalities — accepting packages on your behalf, scanning through the content, and sharing them with you remotely — there is much these services can offer. Here are some of the best features that you might want to consider.
- Package Forwarding: While some digital mailbox services only deal with letters, others offer package forwarding services. They can send the package to your preferred location.
- Check Depositing: With your permission, virtual mailbox services can deposit the checks you receive. This can be helpful if you are a remote business owner, a full-time traveler, or simply anyone who expects multiple checks in a month.
- Package Consolidation: If you receive multiple packages in a month, it’s more cost-effective to have your digital mailbox service consolidate them into a single shipment to save on postage.
2. Set Your Budget
With multiple features and services, the pricing options for each digital mailbox service vary. Here are the costs to watch for:
- Scanning fee
- Mail forwarding fee
- Storage charges
- Monthly subscription fee
3. Know the Providers and What Features They Offer
Now that you know the features you want and the budget you’d like to spend, it’s time to meet the providers. Here are some of the popular ones.
Anytime Mailbox allows businesses to sign up for a digital mailbox in a few minutes. You can browse through the long list of locations they operate in and even preview the addresses you’ve selected.
Striking features of Anytime Mailbox include:
- Comprehensive training and documentation
- Cross-device functionality
- Branded web portal with your logo
- Support across biggest cities
Earth Class Mail
If you want to get your mails scanned and uploaded to cloud-based storage services such as Dropbox, Google Drive, etc., Earth Class Mail is the virtual mailbox service you can trust. Besides offering what any other mailbox service does, it allows you to integrate checks into accounting software such as Xero and Quickbooks online.
Here are the features Earth Class Mail offers:
- Scanning feature easily converts paper documents to digital in minutes
- Routing of postal mail to Earth Class Mail using the digital address
- Easy to use interface
- Check deposit and scanning services
- UPS shipping labels
- High-resolution PDF
Intuitive Traveling Mailbox is a digital mailbox service that offers mail scanning and management online.
Some of the best features of Traveling Mailbox include:
- Unlimited phone support
- Mail forwarding services available
- Ability to save PDF files on cloud storage platforms such as Google Drive, Bill.com, Evernote, and Dropbox
- Email notifications for new mails
iPostal1 offers tie-ins with mail service providers such as DHL, FedEx, USPS, and UPS.
Features of iPostal1 include:
- Package forwarding to multiple addresses
- Web-based app on iPhone and Android
- Unlimited cloud-based storage for scanned documents
- Check deposit service
SnapMailbox is a cutting-edge digital mailbox service that helps you receive all of your postal mail online using a real street address. With package-scanning services, they help you access your mail as PDFs and save them to your computer or network.
Here are the features that make SnapMailbox great:
- Unlimited, cloud-based mail storage services
- Ability to scan, forward, and shred your mail with a single click
- 24/7 customer support
- Credibility-boosting real address
- Top-of-the-line online security
- Check deposit services
- Flexible packages
Make an Informed Decision
You have all the details, now all you need to do is make the best choice based on your requirements. If you are a business owner, be sure to discuss expectations with your team. Once you are finished with your market research, select the provider that meets your goals and book your free demo