There are different reasons why your iPhone touchscreen isn’t responding. There are several culprits for such issues such as water damage or the iOS version. Here are the top four potential problems and solutions to repair iPhone touchscreen responsiveness issues.
Restart Your iPhone
Before going into any specific troubleshooting tips or booking an iPhone repair appointment with a local cell phone repair store such as iPhone repair Calgary, iPhone repair Surrey, phone repair Burnaby, you can restart your iPhone and see if restarting your iPhone will fix the responsiveness issue. To restart your iPhone, take the following steps:
- Hold and press the sleep/wake button for a few seconds until the slider appears.
- Slide to power off your device.
- Turn the iPhone back on by pressing and holding the sleep/wake button until you see the Apple logo.
- More often than not, the touchscreen will work again after restarting the iPhone.
Oftentimes, the touchscreen will function again after restarting the iPhone.
2. Create More Space on Your iPhone
If your iPhone doesn’t have enough storage available, your iPhone touchscreen may not respond quickly.
To diagnose and fix this problem, check to see how much storage space your iPhone has. If you have 0 bytes or minimal space remaining, you can free up some storage space by taking the following steps:
- Tap Settings from Home.
- Choose General.
- Click on Storage & iCloud Usage.
- Click on Manage Storage.
- Here, you’ll see the details of your current memory status including the available memory of your iPhone. If there isn’t any more free space, you can delete some unwanted apps, files, photos and other unnecessary contents from your iPhone to free up more space on your device.
3. Downgrade to the Previous iOS Version
Upgrading to a new iOS version may create iPhone malfunctions, including iPhone touchscreen not responding. There’s a variety of reasons for causing these issues including incompatibility between the software and hardware.
4. Clean the iPhone Touchscreen Thoroughly
Dirt, moisture or dampness can affect the way your screen works. The iPhone uses a capacitive touchscreen that senses your fingertips using electrical conductance.
Thoroughly clean and dry your iPhone’s screen and then try using it again.
5. Disconnect Accessories from the Lightning Port
In some situations, something plugged into the Lightning port of your phone – like a charger or power bank – could interfere with the proper functioning of your touchscreen.
Unplug any such accessory. If the issue gets resolved after you have unplugged the accessory for your iPhone, it means that the particular accessory or cable might be incompatible with your iPhone.
6. Book a Phone Repair Appointment
The best and most guaranteed way to repair your iPhone touchscreen is by booking a phone repair appointment and requesting your local phone repair store such as iPhone screen repair Calgary, to fix the issue. There may be other reasons that are causing the touch screen to be unresponsive. Oftentimes, a full, deep diagnosis is often needed to identify and repair the phone issue.