Between now and 2025, the eCommerce industry is expected to grow by approximately 11 trillion US dollars. This means that there is a great opportunity for anyone involved in the world of online sales.
At the same time, it means that competition is fierce. It is not enough to simply have an online presence. You need to ensure that your business stands out from the rest.
With that being said, below we will reveal the different things you need to consider to hire eCommerce experts that are the perfect fit for your business.
What is an eCommerce Expert?
An eCommerce expert is a professional who will maintain an online inventory for your e-store. They will also develop digital and social media marketing campaigns to boost sales.
A lot of business owners do not realise that eCommerce experts do not simply create an online store and ensure it keeps running smoothly, but they are also marketing experts as well. They will carefully craft campaigns to get your website noticed and drive sales.
Why Do You Need an eCommerce Expert?
Before we reveal how to hire eCommerce experts, we first need to discuss the ‘why.’ So, let’s take a look…
More People are Shopping Online Than Ever Before
One of the main reasons why you need to hire such a professional is because the online shopping industry is thriving at the moment. In fact, it is estimated that there are 2.14 billion online shoppers across the world. If you are to attract a degree of these shoppers and ensure they choose your business, you need a professional website and a solid marketing campaign.
Ensure Your eCommerce Site is Optimised Effectively
Working with an eCommerce expert is a great way of ensuring your e-store is optimised correctly. Some of the different SEO elements that eCommerce experts work on include:
- Internal linking
- Number of backlinks
- Potential for all of your e-store’s pages to be crawled by search engines
- Overall keyword research strategy
- Body copy and title
- Site structure
All of these elements will help you to climb up the search engine result pages so that more people visit your website.
Beat the Competition
Your site needs to effectively show off your brand. It may be the first interaction that people have with your business, so you need to ensure it’s an impressive one.
An eCommerce expert will design and build a creative, unique, and impressive website, which represents your brand.
They will give you artistic guidance at every step, manipulate elements to suit performance media and social media, and ensure all of your products are aesthetically pleasing for customers.
Essential Guide to Choose the Right eCommerce Expert or Agency
Now you know all about the importance of working with an eCommerce agency, let’s take a look at what you need to consider to find the best:
- Start by identifying your own needs – Before you can start looking for the right eCommerce expert, you need to figure out what you’re actually looking for. What sort of website do you want? What are your main goals and objectives? Only by establishing your own requirements can you then find someone who matches them.
- Ask friends and family for recommendations – Next, it is a good idea to ask your friends and family members for their recommendations, especially if you know that they have websites for their own businesses that you have been impressed with.
- Do your own online due diligence – Whether or not your friends and family have given you some suggestions, it is also a good idea to do your own online research. A simple Google search will unearth a whole host of different eCommerce experts. Although it can be tempting to choose an eCommerce expert in your local area, this is not a requirement. After all, services like this can be conducted fully online nowadays, so you can opt for the best eCommerce expert rather than purely going for the most convenient.
- Study their portfolio – When you are determining which eCommerce expert is going to be best for you, make sure you study their portfolio. After all, you want to be sure that you’re happy with the e-stores they have created so far. You certainly won’t want to choose a website designer who has not moved forward with the times and creates eCommerce websites that look dated.
- Find out about the developer’s fee structure – If you’re happy with an eCommerce expert, you will want to find out more about the fees they charge. Find out more about the pricing structure. Will you pay a flat monthly fee? Are there any one-off charges involved? When will you need to pay extra? These are some of the questions you should be asking yourself when assessing the eCommerce expert’s costs. After all, the last thing anyone wants is any nasty surprises when the time comes to pay the bill.
- Read reviews left by past clients – Last but not least, you can learn a lot by finding out what other people have had to say about the eCommerce agency in question. Take the time to read reviews that have been left by those who have used their services before. Make sure you select independent review platforms so you can be sure that the comments are 100 per cent authentic.
Final Thoughts on Choosing an eCommerce Expert
As you can see, there is a lot that needs to be considered when choosing an eCommerce expert. A small business eCommerce consultant can really help you to catapult your online presence to the next level, ensuring more sales in the future. But this is only going to be the case if you choose with care. Follow the tips provided above, and you can be sure this is the case.