First of all, what is SEO? SEO or search engine optimization can be defined as the process of improving a website for higher search engine rankings. SEO is a must to make your page visible on the Internet where you have to compete with other sites for higher search engine rankings. One must know that keyword enriched content ensures that people will find your site and good content ensures return visits.
With the help of search engine optimization, you can place your website on the first page of a search engine results page for a strategically defined set of keywords. As your website gets a higher ranking, chances are better for receiving increased traffic to it. This leads to more sales and more customers.
How many people do you think actually explore the third to tenth page of a search engine results query? Most people only look at the first ten to twenty search results or the first to the second page of the results. SEO can rank your site in the first bundle of search results. Optimization is the only method that will help you get good results. There are many things that have to be considered for Search Engine Optimization such as-
1. Optimization Report
2. Link building service
3. Keyword Analysis
4. Competitor Analysis
5. Initial Traffic Analysis
6. Article and Blog submission, and many others.
Having your site top-ranked for a hot keyword can effectively improve your traffic and therefore your profits as well.
Here are 9 free ways to boost your rankings
1. Directory submissions – The most efficient way in getting lots of backlinks quickly is to take a good directory list and submit your link to every single directory. Make sure that you get a new backlink every day to ensure long term success. The perfect way to do that is by viewing all new directory announcements in the Digital Points forum Solicitations and Announcements section.
2. Article Submissions – Nearly each single article directory on the web is free. Article directories are a good complement to ordinary directories because they will bring you more diversity in your backlink structure. Write a good article with 800 words or more and include a backlink to your site and submit it to all major article directories. Hopefully, if your article is good, some webmasters will add it to their own sites, so you’re not only getting backlinks from the article directories themselves, you are also getting free backlinks from real sites, which is very valuable in search engines like Google.
3. Wikipedia.org – A decent source to gather incoming links. Do you have any content that is associated with any Wikipedia article? In this case, you can edit the Wikipedia article and input your link on the link page. Verify or check that the content you are linking meets Wikipedia’s standards, otherwise, your link will be removed as quickly as it appeared.
4. On-page SEO – On page improvement was the most important SEO technique out there before 2001. Today, it’s not the decisive factor that it once was but it’s still very useful to do some basic on-page SEO. Confirm that your targeted keywords are included in the title, the headline and also the footer. Make sure that you always offer some fresh content on the pages that you specifically want to optimize. Add an RSS feed. But most importantly, make sure that the on-page SEO does not overshadow content and cause your site to look less useful.
5. PRWeb.com – Post an announcement or press release for your website. It’ll assist you a bit in the rankings, but most importantly, if your announcement is good, you’ll get some natural links generated by PR Web’s users.
6. Myspace.com – Lately MySpace has become one of the hottest sites on the internet. It has also become one of the most effective places to plug your web site. Simply build a profile for your web site there, and then try to get as many friends as possible. Post links to your sites on other profiles, post bulletins of your web site and, if it’s good enough, you will get some natural backlinks in return.
7. Ask for backlinks – Send out original emails to other webmasters that have similar sites. Tell them what you think of their sites or anything associated with the theme of their sites. Once you get a reply, answer them, tell them something more and then ask for a reciprocal or a one-way link.
8. Forums – Forums are not only a great place to debate or discuss things but also a decent resource for generating backlinks, feedback, and traffic. Place a link in your signature. Create a post regarding your web site or even better, make a post about something and then make a related link to your site. Note: – choose inactive forums; they tend to be better than the active ones and your links will be displayed over an extended time.
9. Create satellite websites – Put up a site with some content and include a backlink to your site, then submit the satellite web site to around a hundred directories so it will be indexed by Google. This is quick way to get a high-quality backlink.
Also, Search Engine Optimization is an area where there are several paid alternatives that may help you in obtaining a good ranking. Some of these are paid submission, paid on-page optimization, paid directory submissions, paid link exchanges and paid links. If you’re good with doing directory submissions, you can charge others for doing directory submissions and, if you’re bad at on-page SEO, then hire someone to do it for you.