Why Find the Best Law Firm SEO Company?
Handing over law firm SEO to the ideal professionals can help your practice reach better heights. While many agencies offer law firm SEO services, knowing what to look out for and understanding the red flags can help you save on marketing dollars and get good ROI. But before we get to hiring a law firm marketing agency, let’s go over some key benefits of SEO for law firms.
- Build brand awareness for your law firm: Search engine optimization can help introduce your legal services to a wider demographic.
- Improve search engine rankings for your law firm website: Through search engine optimization, you can target relevant terms and phrases and compete with some of the best law firm websites online.
- Increase website traffic: SEO can help your law firm get more traffic, leads, and clients over time.
- Improve user experience and website performance: Search engine optimization efforts can result in improved website performance through technical updates on your law firm website. Most legal marketing campaigns will also focus on improving user experience.
- Build credibility: When your law firm website appears on top of search engine results pages, it gives your practice more credibility. Top rankings are perceived as a mark of trust and authority by search users.
- Increase leads: Through search engine optimization, you can generate a steady flow of leads to your law firm. Top rankings mean more people will click on your law firm website, and more visits increase your chances of getting more leads, higher conversions, and sales.
- Improve local visibility: Through local SEO, you have a higher chance of people visiting your physical store after searching online.
- Get ahead of the competition: SEO is a digital marketing tool that many law firms are still not taking advantage of to remain on top. Get started with law firm marketing and stay ahead of the competition.
7 Steps to Find the Best Law Firm SEO Company
Step 1: What Are Your Goals?
First things first, it’s important to approach the search for a digital marketing agency while understanding your goals. Have an idea of what areas on your law firm website need work. Whether you need a new website, more content or keyword optimization done on an existing copy, it’s important to share this with the SEO agency firsthand to ensure they can align with those objectives. Merely having a law firm website is not enough to secure top rankings on search engines. You’re going to need additional help from SEO companies that specialize in legal digital marketing.
Step 2: Due Diligence is Key
It’s important to get unbiased opinions of any SEO companies you wish to partner with. To do this, you’ll need to go through their reviews, customer testimonials, case studies and even ask for recent client contacts that you can reach out to for more information. Take your time to go through all this information, as it is a relevant indicator of how reliable their SEO services are. More importantly, narrow down your search to only SEO companies that have worked with law firms in the past. A reputable company with nothing to hide will be willing to supply you with all the information you need.
Step 3: What SEO Strategy Do They Use for Law Firms?
There are key SEO performance indicators that you can ask the agency to share in order to really understand if they produce numbers for their clients. They include:
- Rankings on major search engines
- Leads and sales generated for particular legal marketing campaigns
- Organic traffic generated
- Keyword rankings on search
- Bounce rate for main landing pages
- Other metrics such as average page load time, click-through rate and pages per session
Even though the SEO agency may not provide all the details of how they have improved these metrics, they need to at least mention them as part of their SEO strategy. Their strategy should involve improving these metrics and ensuring your law firm website is growing in the right direction.
Step 4: Visit the Lawyer SEO Agency
Before you hire a legal marketing agency, it is recommended that you actually meet them, especially if they have a physical location near you, just to get to know the people involved. This is a business relationship like any other, and that meet-up will help you to both connect and understand your needs from the get-go.
Step 5: Be Transparent on the Budget
Consider your budget before approaching any law firm SEO experts. You can pay hundreds of dollars a month or thousands, depending on your unique needs. The important thing is to communicate this clearly to the agency and agree on the actual number with a breakdown of what’s included as part of the contract. Stay away from any agency that’s not willing to be transparent when it comes to the cost of their SEO services.
Step 6: Watch Out for Red Flags
A common red flag when hiring SEO agencies is when they want to guarantee specific outcomes even before they begin working on your law firm’s website. No one can precisely predict how search engine result pages will work. Search engine algorithms are constantly changing, and guarantees when it comes to rankings will never hold water.
Step 7: It’s More Than Just SEO
Law firm SEO companies offer more than just search engine optimization. You may want to look at the other digital marketing services that your law firm can benefit from if you truly want to drive revenue in the long term.
Don’t take the process of hiring an SEO firm lightly. Attorney SEO is complex as it involves so many details and rules set aside by the regulatory associations. However, the goal is often the same – to make your website rank top on search engines, gain visibility, acquire leads and get more business. Take your time to find a digital marketing company that aligns with these goals.