FEATURED ARTICLE — March 16th, 2018
You may think a website is just a website, and that it ultimately won’t have any effect on your products’ online sales — but you’d be wrong. In fact, just the opposite is true — your website design has a direct impact on your returning users and bottom line.
Why’s this? Well, when it comes to encouraging users to complete an action, a strong understanding of why people do the things they do is imperative. After all, if you don’t know what entices users, how can you get them to do what you want them to on your website? Luckily, the overarching question of “why?” can be answered by employing some basic psychological principles to your website design.
Don’t fret — psychology in design isn’t as complicated as it sounds. There are a few easy rules you can follow to ensure your website design is fully optimized for your users’ enjoyment AND your business’s revenue.
Here are 3 top tips to use psychology in design to your advantage.
1. Less is more
Consumers are a fickle group. They can be easily distracted, and are turned off by your brand altogether even faster by the simplest of things. Too many design elements? Nah. Large paragraphs of text? I’ll pass.
A 2012 study by Google confirmed this. The research found that users overwhelmingly rated simple websites with clean, familiar organization more beautiful than complicated websites in a similar category. The former unsurprisingly led to higher conversion rates.
To achieve similar results, minimize your users’ attention span by utilizing only a few design trends. Delicate animation, a few high-resolution photographs and short sentences and bullet points will go much further than a web design containing every trending element known to mankind, three...
In a move that surprised many, eBay announced on Wednesday that it’s replacing PayPal as its main payment processing partner, having signed an agreement with Adyen, a global payment provider based in the Netherlands, to replace its former subsidiary.
You… Read More
The cryptocurrency world is evolving at a speed that leaves many newcomers lost in a haze of uncertainty.
Infographic Courtesy of: CoinCentral.com
… Read More
There was a time when companies thought that voice search would fall out of popularity, but there is no sign of this happening. Therefore, if you want to make sure that your company will easily be found in online searches, you need to make sure that you… Read More
Here’s a situation that I’m sure everyone can resonate with: you have a small budget, but big dreams.
Does this sound like you?
If so, read on.
My agency receives requests for strategy creation or implementation on a minimal budget on a daily basis.… Read More
The digital world holds a special place in its heart for social media. The social life of the e-generation has been digitalized through several social media platforms. They have become an essential and inherent part of today’s life. Especially in… Read More
Did you know that 81% of customers look online before making a purchase? And that only 54% of companies have a website? If you’re in the remaining 46% of businesses without a website, you’re missing out on serious sales opportunity.
Today’s websites… Read More